1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uhoh, insults.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kaster, Jan 25, 2009.

1. kaster

OK so maybe a wee background story. I'm at uni staying in student flats with coooll people appart from one who has just managed to make me (who likes MOST people) not really like her. She's broken a glass of mine and a mug. She comes in drunk and wakes us all up all the time, tells everyone all her problems (like overly so when she first meets them), doesnt clean anything, is lazy and eats CONSTANTLY, like not even kidding, when shes not eating shes looking for what to eat next. And she's stuck up and thinks shes way better than me and its just GRRR!
    So tonight we had a wee party type thing after a gig and there were people over. She asked us to be quiet cause she had a 9am practical (the cheek when she is so loud and drunk all the time when we have stuff to do!) so we though, no if we're loud we're loud, dont care. But there was music on, and I didnt hear her come in, and just as the music was being turned down (cause she'd asked it to be but I ddint realise) and she was looking in the fridge I said something quite insulting about her and the room went very quiet... I realised and just was like ...:eek: :eusa_doh: :bang:
    but she just left (without even eating shock horror) and then as soon as the door closed the whole room erupted with laughter. It was horrible though I felt SOOOOO bad, I still do. But I do tend to be a kind et people walk all over me type person and I cant tell people I dont like them or anything like that, so maybe its better that this tells her to stay out of my way. Im jsut worried that she'll hate me and I quite hate people hating me.
    but what I said was true and we've been discussing ways of trying to help her or just telling her to get help but... this hopefully did it :confused: oh dear oh dear.

any thoughts, am I a horrible person? should I appologise if I dont mean it?
    I should definately check before I say anything ever EVER....:icon_redf

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like she deserved it, but it's often best to work on the policiy that if you say something, that person will either hear it or hear about it. (I learned not to insult teachers when I asked how long my maths teacher had had a pole up her arse, only to notice that she was standing two metres away.) You're not a horrible person, being frustrated can lead people to say things they wouldn't say otherwise (although they might think them).

3. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i dont think you did anything wrong. she was rude and such before.
    dont let it bother you too much. youre not a bad person because you at least feel a bit bad about it

4. Mickey

You have nothing to apologize for. She's a rude person who,I bet,has never/will never apologize for things she does. She seems very selfish and self-absorbed.
    Just let it go. If she brings it up,do what you think you should. If it were me ,I'd say,"yea,sorry I lowered myself." It's an apology..right? lol! j/k
    You'll do what you think you have to and that's fine. But I'm sure Nothing will change the kind of person she is.

5. revolutionrock

If it's bothering you, apologize. Otherwise, let it go. In any case, what was said cannot be unsaid.

I will say, though, that rudeness does not necessitate rudeness. It's true that some people can be pretty much unbearable, but it's best to control your outbursts.

:slight_smile:

6. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just have to say this first, I love how you have a Scottish accent even when you write... I love it, lol

My mom always tells me to change my brothers behaviour by changing my own, as lame and as stupid as that sounds, it does work. You have to tell her what you don't like about what she is doing, but be able to accept some criticism from her too. It takes two...

7. kaster

Thanks guys. I'm usually REALLY polite to her. And very nice cause seeing as the rest of the flat don't like her either I'd feel bad if we all werent very nice to her. One of my flatmates (call him G) doesnt like her at alllll cause she's generally horrible/rude to him. So he just decided not to take it. But first time she did something directly at me (smashed m glass) it was when she was drunk and she didnt even bother to clean it up! like I went in in the morning to get breakfast and there was glass all over the floor! So seeing as I cant get angry at people to their face I wrote her a massive letter telling her to appologise. And she did (making excuses for herself like she didnt notice that she'd done it) half heartedly. So I thought doesnt matter. Then after the holidays we didnt speak much but I kept up the nicities. G comes in at night sometimes with friends and makes noise and if we tell him to be quiet he is but if she says it he'll not try at all and then shout some insulting things about her and I'll feel bad and tell him to stop so he will. But just since I did it this time I feel pretty bad about it. It wasnt obvious-insutling or rude it was just had implications towards insultiveness, I'm sure I could blag my way out of it, but dont know if I even want to talk to her.

haha thanks :slight_smile: I'll do it extra much:grin:

8. Peter

Someone who spends their time walking over other people must expect to get their ankle bitten one day. Tell you are sorry, not that you said it because you mean it, but that she heard it. Then tell her why you are fed up with her. If she doesn't like, too bad. If, after that, she doesn't like you, that's OK, you don't like her.
    Yeah, I know, I am too honest with people to ever get elected at anything.

9. kaster

thank you all :slight_smile:
    makes me feel like more of a good person :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: She's avoided me sice, I was away last night anyway in another city so I havent seen her and found out she's deleted me and some of my flatmates as friends on facebook and msn etc so we've figured its best to leave her to cool off for a bit
    Thank you though :grin: