1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Niest thing a Straight guy did for me!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soulmonsters, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Soulmonsters

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Though out life I came across a lot of straight friends, men and women very few gays. Now in my experience women have always been the kindest and most though provoking. However I met a straight guy in the last two years, and he did something so kind it blew my mind.

Little of my back story, I don't live in the same state as my family and it's been that way for years. When my birthday comes around my friends are great I can't complain, however it tends to be very materialistic.

So at work I met a single dad who was in his late 20s, we hired in at the same time and where trained together in a class of 10, I thought he was a douche. About six months in he brings in puppy chow he made with his daughter. I hand wrote a letter to his daughter saying thank you, and how amazing it was. She thought her dad had wrote it lol.

After that we discussed our lifes over the next few months. He told me about a girl who he's known since a kid that he was in love with. I gave him advice and encouragement, it's rare to find people who are genuion. A year went by, (I started training the day of my birthday), and to my suprise I came into work with a small celebration.

My friend and his daughter had made me a cake, it was rainbow underneath, white frosting, and on top he made rice crispy treats out of fruity pebbles. He made a rainbow and a pot of gold with gummy bears in it.

I gave him a hug, and later when it died down I asked him why. He told me because I was talking about leprechaun the movie the week before. I said no dork, why did you make it? His reply was that he knew my family wasn't around and the ideal of someone not having a cake made for them by the people who loved him, had upset him. So he ran it by his daughter and agreed with him, and made me the cake!

So yes I may be dork but that memory brings a smile to my face often, and I hope it brings one to you as well. If you have a story like this please share!

P.S. I couldn't figure out how to add a picture, so I made my avatar it!

2. headsup1958

How AWESOME is this story!?! What a great friend indeed.

3. AlgebraicUchiha

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was a lovely gesture of him; I felt quite happy subsequent to reading this.

4. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's to friggin sweet!!! My grandmother use to tell me that people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. Friendships like those must last a life time, huh? I really enjoyed your story and hope to make friends like the one you have someday. People can really be a blessing at times

5. mituaski

mituaski Guest

Aww I love it! Thanks for posting, hun!

6. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The nicest thing a straight guy did for me was that when I got promoted, he bought me a designer business suit and a briefcase with my initials engraved in gold.

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's so nice~! ^.^ ^.^

8. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. Faith in humanity may yet stand a possibility of restoration.