1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comparing homosexuality to Incest and Polygamy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FANTIE, Dec 21, 2015.

1. FANTIE

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What are your arguments about this? :dry:

2. Hexagon

Well, in that we should all be fighting for sexual liberation, yes, I see a connection. In that they are the same thing, no.

I dislike the implicit judgement in this question, though. I'm a polyamorous person myself, and while I don't have an interest in sleeping with family members, I support the right of consenting adults to do what they like. I think that supporting one's own oppressed group while contributing to the oppression of others' is harmful.

So basically... solidarity.

3. Plattyrex

I think they're all fine as long as it's consensual.

4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Incest = two people of close relation; siblings, 1st cousins, 2nd cousins.

Polygamy = lots of different [married] partners.

A homosexual person could do incest or polygamy, but not because they are homosexual.

Would I be okay to also mention that polygamy is different from a poly relationship.

Poly relationship = a group of 3 or more people together in a fixed and agreed relationship.

5. Hexagon

Well that's one form of poly. It could also be having multiple partners who aren't in a relationship with each other. Tbh, I tend to assume people mean polyamory when they say polygamy.

6. Kinky

Kinky Guest

I believe that's a correct assumption.
    We use monogamous all the time to refer to two people who are in an exclusive relationship. There no need for make up word monoamory

7. Hexagon

Well, we don't tend to like the historical and misogynistic associations with the term polygamy, but then again I'm not fond of the historical and misogynistic associations monogamy has either. Generally though, it's best to refer to people how they wish. Poly people have chosen the term polyamory, thus it should be used.

8. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Polygamy and incest are not a sexual orientation and are a choice unlike homosexuality so they really dont have anything in common other then the stigma of sexual deviancy. I feel people should be free to persue either one as long as the relationship is consensual.

9. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The comparison is complete and utter bullshit. One is not like the other.

Personally, I don't have anything against polygamy, as long as all parties involved are satisfied with the relationship.

And at the risk of sounding controversial and/or sparking an argument, I'm going to come outright and say that incest (for reasons of genetics) is just fucked up. There's a reason why animals who are inbred tend to wind up with all sorts of problems; creatures that close genetically should not breed. In the end, I suppose, it's not my business; just like any other kind of relationship I'm not involved in is not my business. I can't see why anyone would want to be in that kind of a relationship with their own family, but as long as it's not affecting me, whatever. Have at it, I suppose. [​IMG] Just for future generations of your family, please use protection.

#9 ThatBorussenGuy, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  10. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    As long there's mutual consent.

However, for obvious reasons, with incest they shouldn't make kids...

11. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As was said, homosexuality isn't a choice, whereas polygamy and incest are.
    No comparison.
    Just ignorance!

12. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh. I usually stay away from such conversations because they often get heated, and make me question my slim-amount of faith in humanity.

First of, this is a matter of orientation VS preference. You can't choose your sexual orientation and who you're attracted to, but you can choose whom you date.

Incest- I'm not a big fan off,and I don't like talking about either. For biological male/female couples that can mate you have issues of genetic problems being passed down and concentrated due to all the inbreeding. This is especially true in certain dog breeds. Which is why it makes sense that we are often attracted to people who are genetically different than us- and why we are usually not attracted to family members and friends we have grown up with in our lives.

For female/female or male/male relationships in the family you don't have the issue of inbreeding, HOWEVER I still don't like this kind of arrangement. For me, I think it's weird considering you're essentially dating yourself and I can't really fathom why someone would want to do this anyway- I just,no. I guess the same could be said for genetically different same-sex relationships, however I think that is more like dating someone similar to you rather then practically the same as you. Kind of like dating someone of the same race or handedness.

Incest doesn't have anything to do with homosexuality- since it can occur in all gender combinations.

Non-monogamous relationships of any kind- don't really have anything to do with homosexuality. Sure, you can be gay and non-monogamous but you can be practically any sexuality and be non-monogamous too. Same goes for monogamy.

I don't really have anything against non-monogamous relationships, but I can't see myself ever being in one personally. I'd imagine it would make for one big confusing wedding.

#12 Canterpiece, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  13. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Are you sure incest is a choice? I've heard of stories where siblings were attracted to each other before they found out they were siblings.

14. Magenta Mucus

Like saying you can do complicated math problems because you own a horse. Nothing connects the two.

15. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think incest is OK as long as it is consentual.
    I think polygamy is OK as long as the three or four peeps make it work.
    I think being gay is like the shiz cuz we're all amazeballs and kawaii desu XD.
    Don't sweat the small stuff.. people are always gonna have probs with sexual orientation or who you're attracted to. I say of life gives ya lemons....
    You act like a boss stuff those lemons in a blender and hear their screams of agony while slowly choosing the colour of the tiny umbrella you wish to put in your lemonade >:slight_smile:

16. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why should I need an argument about this? They are completely different things.

It's like saying "Comparing Christianity, Fascism, and Communism"...what are your arguments?

17. rudysteiner

I have no problem with people comparing homosexuality to incest and polygamy, because when people do things like this, they don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

I think polygamy is perfectly fine, providing all parties have consented to the relationship and are in agreement with each other.

Incest, on the other hand, is something that makes my stomach turn. Just the act of being so intimate with someone in your family, who shares your blood, is incomprehensible to me, not to mention the outcome of a possibly pregnancy. It's not only wrong for the people involved but completely unfair on the surrounding family and any children that come as a result. I know you could probably argue the same point with homosexuality and so on, but two people choosing to act on their inner emotions, or even continuing to act on their inner emotions after they find out they're related to their current partner, is a choice, and a cruel one at that. I have to say though, so I'm not absolutely flamed, even though I don't support it in any way, whether people choose to commit incest or not is up to them and is none of my business.

18. uyenkokki

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We used to have the concubine system in Asia. (which means a man could marry a lot of women) But this system has been destroyed for a long time ago.
    Personally, I will not participate in any polygamy relationship, never.

19. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think there needs to be an argument made, because Google and Webster can tell you that each of these three things are different. I will say that the only one I find a bit off-putting is the Incest one .. but I would be lying if I said I didn't know people who have experimented in that sort of thing. Like if that's what you wanna do, then do it, but I'd rather not know you're related.

20. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think incestuous feelings are necessarily so strong that there is no choice.
    Unlike with your sexual preference.