1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another way of pretending to be straight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vav, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Vav

Vav Guest

I usually pretend to be straight by omitting who I'm attracted to or pretending to like boys. This works pretty well in real life, but it makes me feel invalidated about my sexuality. On the internet I do the same thing in reverse. People assume I'm a straight male when I talk about girls and I never bother to correct them. I sometimes even call myself a straight male. It feels good.

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I personally act as if I wasn't interested. When someone asks me why I'm still single (I've had girlfriends before) I just say that "I have enough problems already".

It still feels like lying, even more when they talk about me having kids... But well, at least I don't have to pretend that I'd like to date a girl.

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If a girl asks me why don't I have a girl friend or comments that I should get one my response is "do you volunteer?"

If a guy asks I say that I have personal problems I need to sort out before seeing anyone which is true.

If someone asks directly about my sexuality then I answer truthfully.

4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You could;

"Mum, Dad [or whoever] ... I'm straight" and then when they say "really?" say "No, fooled you, I'm [fill in]"

5. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This isn't really what I'd call getting straight to the point.

6. guitar

It really depends how far I want to get into it. If someone new mentions girls or a girlfriend, if I get the feeling they may not be down with the rainbow swirl, I say nothing and just go with it. Beyond that, it's usually just easier to tell people I'm gay.

7. crazydiamond

I guess I was in denial about my gayness in high school. But when asked about boyfriends I always did the "Oh I have a boyfriend who lives in such and such state". Maybe having long distance boyfriends helped me think I was straight without having to have sex with men.