1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curiosity......Mom and Mom.....Dad and Dad.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wtinal, Jun 10, 2007.

1. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know this may be a dumb question, but I have to ask just out of total curiosity.

When a gay couple has a child, what do they call their parents - mom and mom, dad and dad. It seems like it might get a little confusing. I guess I just think about families when they talk about grandparents. It seems like the family terms each side of the family different. Like, grandpa and papa. Or grandma and mima.

I REALLY want to have a baby. And, this was among the things to think on..........

2. thommthomm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know this gay couple and they use the terms like this...the biological father is daddy and the adopted father is papa. It works for them somehow, but they let the children know that no matter what they call their parents they equally love them!!!(*hug*) &:kiss: (&&&)

3. TexasRomance

TexasRomance Guest

Im guessing mom and mom dad and dad... or maybe just one by first name and the other dad..daddy or dad? i duno

4. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    to be honest I don't see why there cannot be two mum(mom)'s or dad's in a family. I suppose it's going back to hetrosexual tradition that we expect a relationship to be one male and one female. But when two males for example take care of a child there's no need for one to be refered to as the female.

5. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good thoughts. I was just wondering. We use names to signify who we are talking to, and I guess if I were a kid I might want to make a distinction - but maybe kids don't think that way.

6. TexasRomance

TexasRomance Guest

I cant wait to have kids...
    I want a little boy =D
    Babies are funny xD
    I have a nephew who i love so much..
    he is in that phase where if u dont give him something he throws a tantrum
    and says " stupid bubba/momma/thia..aunt in spanish/pepaw/memaw/uncle/daddy"
    or funniest thing " i beat you ass"
    when i heard him say this im like "wtf!?" and laughed

7. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have 8 nephews and nieces, but I don't get to see them because they live far away. I love little kids. The only thing that would be worse to tell my friends than that I am gay, would be to say I am pregnant without a husband. That would be bad. But I really, really want a baby.

8. Kimi

Bottom=Mom
    Top=Dad
    If both are versatile then call them daddy and dad(pappy, poppa), mummy and mum(ma, mammy).

Maybe??