1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe in "out of your league"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Dec 25, 2015.

1. lovetoomuch

I tend to fall for very good looking guys. Now I'm sure this happens to everyone, but they seem to be the only guys I like and I'm not the best looking guy myself. It basically causes me to assume rejection and I guess that goes back to confidence issues. I'm currently crushing on a gay guy (finally, after liking straight guys in the past), but he happens to be one of those guys everyone wants.

How do you feel about it? Do you believe in the whole "out of your league" thing?

No rude responses please, but would love to hear your opinions! Thanks!

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really don't. I've seen too many times where people structure the leagues too differently. I think we all tend to think that what we think is hot is somehow objectively so, and it's just not true. I know quite a few couples where both thought the other one was out their league. People value all sorts of different things--one's man's trash is another man's treasure.

3. lovetoomuch

Wow, I needed to read something like this at the moment; I tend to get caught up on what other people find attractive. Thanks for sharing your opinion and I hope you are having a Happy Holiday season!

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Not really. If someone belives I'm unattractive, it just proves there's something wrong with their brain, and their eyesight. A gaping character flaw which puts them below my league.

5. Distant Echo

I can look at a beautiful woman and think she is way out of my league. But. If all they care about is what someone looks like, rather than who they are, I'm out of their league :wink:

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Part of me does, but that part of me is silly.

Ultimately it's only a line we create for ourselves to stay on one side or another of. And I've discovered in my experiences with dating, romance, and attraction, that if you put yourself out there and make a move then people instantly notice you. Most everyone with a normal sense of self and an ego that is kept in check (even someone I may see as a ten to my self-proclaimed twoness) feels that they are into someone who surpasses their own attraction rating.

So no. I don't. As I said, I think they are self-imposed boundaries. And if I want someone, even someone who is deemed "out of my league", you best believe I'm going to at least make a move indicating my interest, because you just never know. :slight_smile:

7. lovetoomuch

Couldn't have said it better myself. I believe in 'out of my league', but I know how silly it is. There have been guys I did not find physically attractive, but they actually had the best personalities of anyone I know. It makes you realize "attractiveness" is not just physical. Quite honestly, it turns out to be basically everything except physical. Are any of us really going to be physically attractive at 80 years old? Haha

8. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh yes, absolutely. I know a few people who are way out of my league.

9. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All I'll say about this is that if someone considers you to be "out of their league", they're probably not worth bothering with. I don't believe that anyone is "out of anyone's league"; it's just a mental construct.

#9 ThatBorussenGuy, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  10. Tyrael

Absolutely. It's gotten to the point where I am browsing through online dating, see people and say to myself "yep she's out of my league and not even worth contacting".

11. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally. Can't even imagine being in a relationship with some of these people "out of my league", they would feel totally inferior to me! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, because looks aren't everything. Even if they were some superman/woman, it takes two people to make a relationship work, and seeing someone other than an individual makes little sense.

I do have prejudice when it comes to conventionally attractive people: they get offers all the time, they're lacking in personality, use their looks towards their advantage. I'm proven wrong time and again, but shouldn't have to.

13. SHIELDAgentAlex

Not really. I do believe that some guys are-unfortunately-heterosexual, though, and that's as close as it gets.

14. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No way. We're all human at the end of the day anyway. I don't know who made these hidden rules of how one is simply better than someone else simply on looks, but it's quite silly. Plus one would miss out on meeting some really good people if one simply thinks they're somehow superior than others.

It's just something that society puts in our heads that can play with our minds. XD
    At least that is how I see it.

15. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most people are out of my league

16. Van

Van

Pretty much everyone is out of my league.

17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. Some people are so beautiful that they intimidate others away from approaching them, and thus end up disproportionately lonely for their looks. The people who believe an entire set of people are beneath them actually have their standards backwards, as even a traditionally "ugly" person would not feel lucky in the end to be with a stunningly beautiful snob.

18. Magenta Mucus

Same for me, just with guys.

19. oliolioli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think it's stupid, but I must say that I do conform to it. Really just has to do with confidence, I think.

20. KingdomKeyDK

I DID... But after I got to go out with (and no joke here people STILL hit on him) the most wanted guy in school, I didn't think so anymore.

---------- Post added 26th Dec 2015 at 03:47 AM ----------

P.S. he IS bi so he gets both sides of the spectrum. XD