1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...who is watching the Australian Tennis Open

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mirko, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, who is watching the Australian Open in tennis? Do you have a favorite tennis player? Who do you thinks is going to win?

I'm watching as much as I can. I am hoping that Roger Federer wins the title. Although I am a bit disappointed that Ana Ivanovic already lost. But it still looks to be an interesting race to the finish.

2. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I am trying to keep up with it but I haven't had much time to watch it unfortunately so I don't really know who's hot right now. But anyway, I am a williams sister fan and I was kinda shocked to see Venus out so early but I'm still hoping to see Serena win though.

3. davo-man

Hells yeah :grin: I love watching the tennis :grin: Federer is a favourite, but that's cos everyone likes a winner ;D I like Baghdatis...although he's out now so boo :frowning2: Not a fan of Lleyton Hewitt, so I'm glad he's out :grin: A fan of Mauresmo, but she's also out :frowning2:

Is tennis as popular in Nth America as it is in Aus?

4. Ionless

Yea ... I'm a fan of Gasquet really .. shame he lost to gonzo.

5. partietraumatic

i was gutted that Andy Murray went out. Hes been playing so awesome so far this year i thought maybe we would finally have a british player win a grandslam, especially when he beat nadal and then Federer 3 times in like a week lol. Then he goes and loses in the 4th round :frowning2:

personally without Murray i wanna see Federer win,coz i love the way he plays,its so exciting-plus i wanna see him break Sampras's grandslam record and this would tie it at 14 i think? :grin:

6. TheRoof

ooh im a huge tennis fan!! however, i dont really have time to watch b/c of school and stuff-plus the time zone is different so here in new york, the matches are broadcasted at night and early morning so...
    my favorite player is either federer or roddick.and i dislike nadal and murray -_- (dont ask me why)

7. Jeimuzu

I'm gutted Andy went out. There was no excuse, either. His form was stellar, he'd not been really tired out by long matches, big support, and everything, and he blew it in typically British fashion.

8. lodiug

I only watch when Rafael Nadal plays....he's really cute!

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is not as popular as in Australia or Europe for that matter. but it has increased in popularity over the last number of years. If there would be a popularity contest, hockey and football would win it easily.

10. mattypants

in canada anyway. u.s. isnt to heavy on hocky, its basketball. of course football takes the cake xD

11. Ajax

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i was down in melbourne on the weekend, awesome atmosphere, that place is going nuts for the tennis! there is a big screen up showing the tennis in a big square in the centre, everyone is lying around (getting sunburnt) watching it, I saw Gael Monfils play (in the match he retired in), i have never seen anyone jump like that. He is my new tennis hero.

12. partietraumatic

so true that :frowning2: lol