1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Am Going To Run For President

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Contact1111, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, I know this sounds crazy, but hear me out. I intend to run in either the 2048 or 2052 elections, at which time I will be either 56 or 60 years old. I do not expect to win the presidential election, because I do not have a great deal of money to spend on a nationwide campaign. In fact, I doubt I will ever become wealthy. My chances of making it into office are nill. So, why do I intend to run? It's simple, just because I can. At that time, I am going to put up fliers all over and try to spread word of my campaign on the internet and through word of mouth. I'll probably only end up with like 100 votes or something, but I'd try my hardest. In the off chance I ever get elected, I believe that I would truly change the world....... and probably be better than any other president in the history of the United States. I feel that if other people like myself ran for office, people would begin to see alternatives to the current trend of only the super rich becoming elected. People would start focusing on the small candidates, such as myself. They'd see others around them running for president, and people would begin paying attention to people they know who are running. Someday, an individual would probably be well liked in his or her circles.... word would spread.... they could get donations.... and ultimately we could have ourselves the first president that's not rich. I doubt it'll be me, but I intend to throw my hat in the ring......... in my small scale, highly unlikely to win sort of way.

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you go the FEC (Federal Elections Commission) website, there have been plenty of joke candidate filings. Among them, "Netflix and Chill" and "Butt Stuff."

3. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well thanks, but even though I probably won't win...... I do not plan to be a joke candidate either. I would be a legitimate candidate, just one that lacks the monetary resources to win an election with the current system.

4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Awesome ... I'm from the UK and want to be the Educational Minister for Parliment. :slight_smile:

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's not forget about Deez Nutz, a 15 year old who garnered significant publicity and actually polled above a number of other candidates earlier this year.

6. thepandaboss

Hard to say, especially when you think of how many years away that is.

What do you think Bernie Sanders is doing?

As far as whether to run or not, go for it.