1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair Care Tips?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by waitingsucks, Jan 28, 2009.

1. waitingsucks

I didn't know where this should go, but anways.

I would like to have better looking hair than just, "wake up in the morning and give it a brush hair" which is pretty much what I've had all my life

I'm interested to hear some tips for hair care you'd recommend and maybe some brands of good shampoos/conditioners, brushes, hair wax/hairspray, straightning tips etc. that sort of stuff

I have fairly medium-dark brown hair, about 4 - 5 cm long, and I have a fringe about 3 cms long

It doesn't really matter if the tips are specific for me just some general ones would be good to get me started.

oh and to start off... how often do you wash your hair (is good to wash your hair) because talking to friends it ranges from once or twice a week to everyday

2. Gumtree

Skip the brushing part :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Shampoo and Conditioner products don't really vary much in quality unless you have an extremity in your hair like oiliness, dryness, colours etc.

Straighteners can really range in quality; if it's what you're into then I would definitely suggest you invest in a good quality straightener - and always use a straightener product in your hair before use, to minimize the damage.

When it comes to washing your hair; here's a few tips:

1. Keep up a regular pattern; if you wash your hair once a week, then only wash it once a week and it will be fine (depending on things like weather etc), if you wash it every day then you will need to keep washing it everyday, otherwise it will become super oily very quickly.

2. Always use as little shampoo as necessary but be generous with conditioner.

3. Rinse out products with cold water not hot (this makes for fun times when trying to turn off the hot water with your eyes shut).

4. Avoid all in one conditioner and shampoo products; they just don't work and should be done separately.

5. Some people with longer hair, when washing out conditioner; like to only do it lightly and leave bit of the conditioner in their hair.

4. Always use shampoo first, rinse well THEN use conditioner.

When using wax and gel products, unless you have a specific style in mind give your hair a good brushing after putting the product in, then style accordingly.

3. Defender

Defender Guest

My hair blows. I can't do much about the way it grows, its wavy and kinda curly-ish =\

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Get hair wet
    Put shampoo in it
    Wash it out
    Dry

That usually gets the job done for me.

5. Noah

I shampoo, conditioner, then towel dry.
    Maybe put a little product in and I'm good to go.
    However, I would avoid the straightener. Only because I love curly hair :grin:

6. rocking23

Bam Right Here

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDlT-qGYEfE&feature=channel_page[/YOUTUBE]

7. schoolboy91

schoolboy91 Guest

People with curly hair are just blessed to be hot and we.. i mean you :wink:.. should never brush unless wet or we get all frizzed up and then we just look jank.

8. pianomike

i like to use American Crew (GEL) for my hair and penteen shampoo and conditioner.
    and i blowdry!!!! But here are some rules,

Good
    Fast
    Cheap

PICK 2 and only 2,
    so if you have good and cheap, it will not be fast. Got it? GOOD!!!!

9. Jace

umm i think william sleed pretty much covers it

dont buy your shit from walmart

if you want to straighten your hair then get a good iron
    like a chi, or a ghd, or a fhi, or.... a sedu?

10. ricoca

I have wavy hair and it's growing :grin: so it gets like a crazy poodle all the time.
    If you're like me, do what my hairstylists asked me to do

1) Shampoo. Doesn;t matter how many times, but personally I shampoo twice a day cause I can't stand having oily hair. Just know that your hair will grow FASTER with all the products you use.

2) Conditioner. This is a must because it keeps your hair from getting dry and frizzy. I use Head & Shoulder conditioner and it works fine.

3) Wax. A little wax will keep the moisture in the hair. But I always skip this part cause wax stinks.

There you go :grin:
    It seems to me your hair is pretty short though so you won't have any problem with curly/wavy hair. :grin:

11. waitingsucks

Thanks for the advice, except I think my hair is too short to straighten, I borrowed my sisters GHD and it don't work too well

12. Markio

I shampoo every morning, when I take a shower.
    -Place a drop of shampoo in your hand; it should be about the size of a quarter in the palm of your hand.
    -Shampoos and conditioners clog pores on your face, so be sure to wash your face after shampooing.
    -There's also some types of conditioner that you don't rinse out, but rather just leave in your hair after washing and drying. Great for combatting split ends!