1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something I just realised ...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Secrets5, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Okay, so I was thinking about the human cloning stuff and when religious people say ''don't go playing God'' , well, one aspect of God is deciding who gets to go to heaven and who goes to hell ... so technically religious people [who do this] are breaking their own rules when they decide people who are LGBT are going to hell for being LGBT.

Just thought of it, might bring around a discussion.

2. Kinky

Kinky Guest

meh, they would just claim "I don't decide, God decides that you go to hell", recite some bible verses, then laugh at 'you little deluded fag'.

Better chance arguing with a brick wall.

3. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Come on guys... Just stop talking to religious assholes ._.

The only religious people I talk to are my family (I'm still closeted so it might change soon) and a handful of people who don't give a fuck about sexuality/gender.

4. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, that is food for thought. Really interesting. Of course, I would love to see how they react when I say that, but only hardcore Christian i know, I am not out to. So.

By their standpoint, playing god means 'creating objects'. If you read the bible-how god created the world in 6 days-you can see why Christians and the like say that god is the creater of life, and therefore, playing god is to create objects of the living (eg cloning.) Of course, as you said, playing god could be extended to 'who will be condemned'. From that standpoint, dosen't it mean that anyone who says 'go to hell' is playing god, and thus condemned? Following what you said of playing god, yes, the person is 'god'.

As an atheist-raised-Catholic, I have read the bible-not in whole (please, I'll pay any non catholic or christian or the like to read the bible-both old and new testmants, all volumes, in greek and English-for a hundred bucks.), but enough to 'understand' the Christians and Catholics. Their view of god is 'almighty,' the one who heals the sick, treats the poor and raises people from the dead. And of course, the creater of the universe.

Sadly, one overlooked point that I have heard going around under the table-the bible has no stand-negative or positive-of LGBT. I mean, come on. The bible has it all. Incest, suggested gang rape, murder of your own sibling-almost every crime that can land you a life sentence is in there. (Eurgh god just realized I went totally off topic) And strangely enough, god does not comdemn those crimes. Well he does. In mass murder.

From that...if people are 'playing god', let's just say their lives will end in total bloodshed under the guise of heaven.

(I'm bias towards the bible in a negative way, so...not very reliable.)