1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"In your face".

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Secrets5, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

So I'm reading websites and listening to RL conversations. Some straight people go on about gay people putting gay love ''in their face''. Then on other websites some gay people go on about straight people putting straight love ''in their face''. All I kept thinking [in jest, maybe seriously in some cases] a lot of people need to ''get a room''.

Although one thing I would like to see more of is adverts featuring same-sex couples but that don't make a political statement about it being same-sex. I think I might get a bit of hate for this, but It's my opinion and I personally feel if same-sex couples is normal [which it is] a political message is not needed.

#1 Secrets5, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Honestly, I'm bothered by all types of PDA. Although, I just keep it to myself and let people do whatever they want.

I hate how it has to be a political statement whenever there is a same-sex kiss. I think we're at a point in society where we can casually and gradually introduce more LGBT romance on TV.

3. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course the fact that it's such a rare thing means that *any* instance of same-sex couples in the media is *automatically* a political statement...or at least is taken as such by many people (both straight and not).

Now such depictions are becoming increasingly common...but they'll have to become common indeed before they are viewed 100% as non-political.

But yeah, the "putting it in our faces" thing is just such a disgusting display of privilege-pouting. My partner and I tend not to be into PDA. No straight people blink when a hetero couple kisses in public, or holds hands, or whatever. If at a restaurant, a hetero couple does something like, say, proposing marriage publicly...that is acceptable...but if in response to such a touching moment, we take each other's hand or *gasp* share a brief kiss, *that* is "putting our gay love in people's faces. This is the height of irony. Oh, and poutiness.