1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Confused4242, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Confused4242

I'm 14 and a couple months ago I kissed a girl. I really liked it. Like a whole lot. Now, I'm just not sure! I almost asked her out, but I chickened out. I noticed last year that I'd been checking out girls for a while. My question is... How do you know 100% your lesbian. I'm 99% sure, but there is this one small sliver inside of me that isn't sure. Help please!

2. penelope

I'm sorry, I don't have a great answer but I think that nobody can be 100% gay or 100% straight and that's okay. I was in a similar situation, obviously attracted to girls and could not see myself in a relationship with a guy but still doubted because I wasn't 100% sure. Then I decided that I'll just be me and not worry about being 95% or 99% gay and now I'm out and kind of giving myself a permission to like the people I like, who happen to be girls. If one day it isn't a girl, I'll think about that then. I just had to accept the fact that my sexuality can change and I can never be absolutely sure so why not go with what feels right for now? If you like that girl and enjoyed kissing her, I'd say go get her. :wink:

3. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aww! I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure you're into girls.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my case, I wasn't completely sure until I'd come out to a few friends. Saying it aloud, I could hear how true it sounded.

I think it also helps to read things about lesbians and their thoughts and feelings on their experiences being gay. It helps to see how you relate.

5. Spider

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What does it matter if you're 100 percent lesbian when you're sure you like her?

6. Ninetales

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll tell you what my therapist told me when I was going through discovery of my sexual orientation. It doesn't have to be permenant. If you feel you like women then date women, but maybe some day you realize you like men then date men. It's OK to not like 1 sex exclusively as well maybe you like women more then men that's perfectly fine. Don't be so hard on yourself. I spent the good part of 3 years dwelling on it. Don't be like me don't live in your mind and debate about it. You are at that age where you need to be experiencing life. Make mistakes, make friends, make memories, but don't just let it pass you by you will regret it like I do. Go find this girl ask her out live your life.

#6 Ninetales, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  7. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You definitely sound like you are into girls - congratulations, girls are great :icon_bigg

Its hard to say if you are bi or if you are a lesbian. Have you kissed a guy? If you have then what did you think to that? If you haven't then you probably won't know 100% for sure either way. So I would say, don't feel forced to label yourself. You are you and you like who you like :slight_smile:

If you do feel like you need to put a label on it then you could just say bisexual for now.

8. guitar

The only way I knew for certain was having been with girls & guys and realizing I was WAY more into guys. Who are you looking at when you go to the beach?

9. tourettesqueen

It takes time. That's all I can say. I know you probably hear that a lot and its probably starting to bug you, but its true. It took me years to realize I'm pan. It started out as just a one time feeling and it just grew and grew until it came to a point where I no longer could deny it.