1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some thoughts about inspiration

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aeolia, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    With all the creative people around there I was wondering...

Do you FIND inspiration, or do you think it's just some bullshit ? (And all the things between)

I personally love to improvise and never need inspiration or whatever, it just depends on whether I want to do something or not.

2. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    never really been able to find true inspiration but once in a while I'll see something and go, "hey I can make a thing with that"

3. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same. I usually improvise but I tend to draw inspiration from people around me and use them as characters .
    I do get discouraged rather easily when I have an awesome idea and to find out someone already thought of it lolz.

4. aussielefty

when I play guitar some times I just muck around with a few chords and sometimes
    they turn into something, other times I'll do the same thing and nothing happens.
    creative is so strange some times...

5. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't actively find inspiration, it kind of just hits me like a truck, and the most random things can inspire me. I once wrote a short story based on a scene from Sherlock Holmes. I once wrote the follow-up to that short story from a song I was listening to while waiting in the lunchline back in college. I can draw ideas from anywhere, but I don't actively look for inspiration.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Edison was right when he said something like "Inventing is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration." Sometimes an idea just hits you and you run with it. However, about 99% of the time, you have to work for it, carving a concept out of rough medium and tweaking it until you like the final result.

There is an element of being able to draw story ideas out of anywhere though. The longer I've been into creative writing, the better I'm getting at it. :slight_smile:

7. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read lots of non-fiction books and build ideas from the ground up. I think imagination is just something you need to keep using!

Brainstorming session = playing video games and listening to music. I get my best ideas when I'm content and not really trying. Hell, I don't know what most of my video games sound like.

Plus I ensure that my environment reinforces cool beliefs. That's just a fancy way of saying I think interior design influences the way we think ¯\_(ツ)_/¯