1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OCD and DVD's/Blu rays

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Dec 29, 2015.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, as many other people, I love having my favorite movies on video, however, I hate it when the disc is scratched or dirty. Even the smallest scratch make me want to throw it away :tears:

Now, I know that Blu rays are much more resistant than DVD's but when I was cleaning them I noticed very small fingerprints and some tiny dust on one of them. Even though the disc is technically not scratched at all, I still feel like getting rid of it because of this one detail

Sometimes I just want to throw away my collection and start again :tears:I obviously can't afford that though

#1 edy, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. AlamoCity

I used to have DVDs but I gave them away and started to buy Blu-rays.

My (OCD) reasoning: I already had some Blu-rays and my movies would look weird if I had taller DVD cases next to my shorter Blu-rays. I love uniformity. That is why I also hate when I build a collection of sequels and then the next one is different (e.g. has a dust cover). This happened when I bought Jurassic World. That said, I don't really buy hard copies that often.

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
  4. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not too bad with this, but am bad with clothes. If I notice the slightest pinhole in a shirt or something, it may as well be a huge gaping hole that completely ruins the shirt.

5. tourettesqueen

One thing that helps me when an imperfecton on something bothers me is to squint at it till I can't see the little scratch or hole or whatever is bugging me. Reminds me how insignificant it is in the scope of things.

6. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Wouldn't work, I know it's cheating :frowning2:

7. Ryu

Ryu

That is what I like to call a 'bad idea'. Sell them at a carboot sale if you wanna get rid of them, don't just throw them out. Or rub a bannana on them. Apparently that works.

Though it is kinda unneccasary for DVD's I can see why you might do that wih cd's and records.

#7 Ryu, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015