1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caitlyn Jenner(my comments)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ECMember, Dec 30, 2015.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not going to bash Caityln Jenner but I just have some comments.

She had claimed a while back in some interview that she wants to help LGBT youths, transgendered youths specifically. I don't feel that she's done a lot to help them to merit LGBT awards just yet.

I commented on a few people about this actually. If she really wants to make an impact to LGBT youths, why doesn't she make some comeback at age 65 or 66(how old is she again?) at the 2016 Rio games and compete in the women's decathlon like she did prior in 1976.

And she raises money and everything and competes. And whatever sponsor monies she has, she donates it to some LGBT youth global charities.

And if she medals, that would be better.

2. thepandaboss

The only problem is both her age and the rules of the sport. She's 65 and hasn't competed competitively for years. Might be hard for her to compete. Not that she's not accomplished but she hasn't been winning medals in the last five years. And transgender athletes- it can be a thorny situation. I believe with many organizations, a trans female athlete has to be on hormones for at least a year. I don't know if surgery is a requirement (someone with more knowledge of this, please help me out) but 2016 might be too soon for her.

3. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As thepandaboss said, she's 65. It wouldn't be easy for her to compete after so long not training, not to mention the controversy around her competing, what with the "biological advantages" and whatnot.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it happen, I'm just saying I highly doubt it's possible, especially because there isn't a women's decathlon at the Olympics- it's the only sport which remains solely male. Women's equivalent it's heptathlon. If they introduced one for 2016 or 2020 or whenever, people would argue that Caitlyn has an advantage, competing in the sport previously.

4. Rydia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm pretty sure you generally have to earn your way on to Olympic teams, you can't just decide to compete for a lark and age 65, if she's even eligible to compete in the women's events (not sure what the rules are), it's highly unlikely that at her advanced age and having not competed in decades that she'd ever come close to making the team.

5. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That would be interesting to see... I think the chances of this happening are very slim. Caitlyn would have needed to get in shape and training in preparation for quite some time now if she wanted to be ready by the summer of 2016. Plus, you have take in consideration her hormone levels. If she has the T levels around that of the average male athlete she might as compete on the men's team, because there's definitely no way the committee would allow her to compete on the women's. Caitlyn's safety would be another thing to consider. This is an international event with the participation of people from many different cultures and beliefs. You can't 100% assure that Caitlyn would be immune from violent reactions. All things considered, I think this would be a terrible idea.