1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is it that...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vipedn, Jan 28, 2009.

1. vipedn

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nearly every single girl on here is "bisexual?" I started out as bisexual as well, but I was just scared to step outside of my element. It's crazy how many girls are "bisexual" but guys have no problem stating themselves as "gay."

Another thought, the theory that everyone is bisexual. That every natural living species could love either male or female. But society over the years has altered their own versions of whats "right" or "wrong." Everyone's born with the ability to love anyone, just limited to their preferences of course (looks, hobbies, etc.) Same thing with anything else in the world. Even beyond preferences, some people set themselves limits, like "there's no way i'd be gay, never ever." Never allowing themselves to come out. Idk just thoughts.

What do you think?

2. singtoh1

I believe all people could be Bi but only in the physical sense. Meaning I could have sex with a girl right now but it doesn't mean I'm going to feel right about it mentally emotionally.

I think sometimes people feel more comfortable saying they are Bi b/c they don't know what they for one. Two b/c they believe that its a way to justify there real sexual desires when a bigot ask them of there sexuality. Does that make sense?

That and some people just don't want people to know. That is just what I think.

3. jazzrawr

I'm not bisexual! Haha.
    I did start out saying I was bi though, because I was scared.

That's an interesting theory, I've thought about that too. It's hard to say though, because some people are willing to admit they can find the opposite or same sex attractive but aren't interested in them, but I know others who are truly completely straight or gay.

It's something to think about...

4. lostinthought9

I came out at first as Bi...but not because I was scared, just confused...

And that's something I thought about as well, the whole "everyone might be bi" thing...

5. Shevanel

I don't see what the big deal is, i mean, i'm bisexual (although i'm not a girl lol), but still. its just the way things go, its just random.

6. littledinosaurs

I don't like that you think that bisexuals can just be gays hiding. :|
    i mean yes maybe some people are using it as a screen to protect themselves, but its their choice and i don't think you should be calling them out on it.
    people can identify as whatever they want and shouldn't feel pressured to do anything.

7. biisme

Well....I'm listed as bisexual......because, well, I am.

I don't think it's that I'm "scared to step outside of my element" or anything like that. I wouldn't mind if I were a lesbian. In fact, sometimes I'd prefer that. However, I truly am attracted to guys and girls, to pretty much the same degree.

8. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I'm for REALSIES bisexual.
    I'm not really questioning if I like girls or guys or both. It's both. I know it.

And as for the "Bisexual For All", I don't think that's true. Because I've dated a few bicurious women who, after a kiss, realize that they just liked the idea, not women. Some people really are only attracted to women, some only to men, some neither and some fall along a spectrum.

9. RaRa

I'm bi, but I have a preference for guys, idk why I just like them more. :/

Even if you're bi, it doesn't mean your split down the middle 50/50.

And sadly a good ammount of people are ignorant. When you're with a guy your gay but when you're with a girl you're straight. I hate that. *looks at cousins*

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Same here. I was sort of in denial but I was more just confused about what gay/straight/bi meant, so I called myself bi since it allowed me to address the "feelings" I was having while still not leaving my comfort zone.

As for why there seem to be more bi girls that guys, that may actually be the statistic (anyone have any info that proves or disproves this guess?). Or maybe gay guys are more attacted (pun intended :icon_bigg) to a GLBT forum than lesbians.

11. lostinthought9

well...uhhh...I knew the differences between being bi/gay/straight...what I meant was that I was confused about my sexuality...just wanted to clear that up..lol

12. jazzrawr

That's what I was thinking, thank you for putting it into words. XD

13. lostinthought9

----sorry, this is reallly off topic...but jazz..I love that new pic!^^ :slight_smile: lol

14. Markio

Berets make everything better, it's true. That's why girl scout cookies sell so well.

In my class we read an article by a bisexual woman who was ostracized by both the straight and gay communities because she did not fit entirely into either one. Bisexuality is legit, and everyone's sexuality is different. It's a spectrum, not a seesaw!

15. Courtneyyy

I think there are more bisexual women because many of the bisexual men are in the closet. It is more accepted to be a women and bisexual than to be a bisexual man. That's probably thanks to straight guys loving the idea of girl on girl, and girls are more physical with their girl friends.

Just a little theory of mine...