1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever wondered what it's like to be straight?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Dec 31, 2015.

1. lovetoomuch

Strange question, I know. But as someone only physically attracted to guys, I sometimes wonder what it would be like to physically attracted to girls. I just can't picture it I guess. I've tried in the past (when I was still in denial) to be attracted to girls and then I just think, "Nope" - lol. Don't get me wrong girls, you are all very beautiful - just no physical attraction on my behalf.

Does anyone wonder what it would be like to be straight? Do we think straight people ever wonder what it feels like to be gay (most probably don't since they are the majority and the "norm," hence the prejudice)? Let me know what you think.

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That is a definite yes for me. I watch TV and other forms of media, and see girls in racy clothes, and I just think, "I'm pretty sure if I was a straight guy, I would be turned on 24/7".

I do feel like it would be nice, though, to be in a relationship with a woman. I tend to get along with women very well compared to men. They're just so deep emotionally.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All the time, though for me it's mostly wondering what it would be like to be cis instead of trans. Methinks I'd be a very different person, so I'm not sure I would even want it if I were given the choice.

#3 Kodo, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  4. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, sometimes. But, I enjoy being against the majority. Like being a rebel.

5. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wonder what it would feel like to find boobs and femininity attractive, in much the same way blind people wonder would it would be like to see. I'm sure straight men and lesbians also wonder what it's like to find men sexually attractive. But I don't wonder what it's like to be straight in the social sense, with being treated as straight.

6. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not really. I came out to myself fairly late (early twenties), and had no idea I was anything else (just assumed I wasn't interested in sex or relationships in general). Most of my friends and family were straight, so being immersed in that "culture" provided me with a pretty good idea of what others went through. Finding out my feelings towards guys sort of clued me into what others experienced during puberty, so now I think I have a better picture. It's a matter of putting two and two together.

Apparently, straight guys assume being gay means you get sex with all the men you want, on tap, and straight women think lesbian women understand each other perfectly and never fight like straight couples.

7. MrSkittles

Yes and no do not want to be.I would be missing out on all of the fun if I was :lol:

8. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was straight before puberty, so the attraction is all the same, it's just back then I didn't have any interest in sex seeing as I didn't know what it was. So it's the same thing, you're just not scolded by a percentage of the population for who you're attracted to.

#8 KnucklesNation, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This.

10. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have identified as a straight guy for most of my life, I was romantically attracted to some girls but nothing in the physical department. So yeah I know what it is to be straight, its actually kinda boring :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    So now you guys must be wondering what am I doing on EC, right?
    Umm so it goes that I am in love with a guy romantically. Bleh, sounds cheesy.

11. Psaurus918

What's straight? I don't know what that is

12. Vav

Vav Guest

Not really. It's pretty easy for me to imagine what things are like for other people. I often feel what other people in the room are feeling so I know what straight attraction is like. I've also had some vague attractions for guys. I can kind of imagine what full attraction to men feels like. What I do find hard to imagine is getting warm and fuzzy feelings for guys. I can only imagine myself getting them for girls.

13. Kinky

Kinky Guest

When I was a horny teenager, I would get horny for girls sometimes. So not really.

14. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same.

15. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The idea that anyone could just not find people attractive because of their sex/gender is just kind of strange to me. I mean, some people can be more or less attractive depending on body type, but to just be incapable of experiencing attraction to all males or all females... I find it hard to understand that.

Actually, back when I was into Evangelical Christianity, I used to agree with the idea that otherwise straight people could be "tempted into homosexuality" since I was straight and felt interested in guys despite that. Of course, I was really bisexual but hadn't realized it at the time.

Also, I'm not entirely clear on my gender identity, but I also secretly wanted breasts since I was 13 (for what reason, I don't know) and sort of assumed all guys did.

16. VideoGAYmer

VideoGAYmer Guest

Well now I'v come out most people I know, girls will not leave me alone. If I were straight, I'd be in paradise.

---------- Post added 2nd Jan 2016 at 12:13 AM ----------

But then I wouldn't have come out and back to normal. Boring.

17. Mahidevran

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, in my case it was slightly different. I identify as demisexual because I'm sexually attracted to someone for the first time in my life, but before that, I thought I was just an ace. But it's not exactly what I meant. What I meant is that I often wonder how do sexual people feel? It doesn't matter if gay or straight or anything else, as long as is just sexual. How does your sexuality work? Can you be attracted to someone without loving them? This is what I think about quite often.:rolle:

18. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I identified as straight for the first 21 years of my life.

It's pretty much the same, but with more insecurities.

At least for me.

19. breq

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Haha, I thought I was straight for 27 years because I didn't know I was a girl. Oops, all these years secretly gay.

20. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everyone's gay.