1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legalize It?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by badwolf104, Jan 28, 2009.

1. badwolf104

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you feel about the legalization of marajuana? Do you use it?

2. Shevanel

Don't Criticize it!

lol i don't really know how much good it will do, but the Gov't would certainly make a lot of money off of it thru taxes if they did. I think they should at least Decriminalize it. that'd be sweet :slight_smile:

3. RaRa

Doesn't affect me either way.

RaRa doesn't care. :slight_smile:

4. Mickey

Yes & Yes!

5. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

I say no. But with that, I say make alcohol illegal! Then all the 'inhibiting' drugs will be illegal!

6. devushka

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    that will never work. remember prohibition in the 20s? all sorts of dangerous, illegal, underground crime went down because of it. i say legalize it. once we do that, it will be regulated and more safe. $ for the gov't, etc. the thing about marijuana is that i don't understand why it's so particularly offensive to the government. it's not physically addictive and is less harmful than cigarettes. obviously, people can develop emotional problems with dependency, like they do with alcohol, but this would be true if it was legalized or not. i say legalize it and heavily tax/regulate...

7. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do not use marijuana and I'm iffy on the subject of legalizing it. I would really need to think about it.

8. Lychee

Marijuana shouldn't be legalized coz then it will be saying that it is pretty much equal to alcohol, when alcohol has good effects, while marijuana is generally damaging to society as a whole.

I don't do drugs.

9. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

I never said it would or wouldn't work.

Alcohol is a bigger killer than illegal drugs, but i think you need to do more research on marijuana if you think its less harmful than cigarettes

10. Janvier

:lol:
    You seem to be well informed on this subject..
    Weed is far from being as bad as alcohol, it makes you laugh, then you get hungry and then you're very sleepy. Thats basically it. What's 'dangerous' about weed?
    Alcohol has TERRIBLE effects, honey. :bang:

11. Amy

Amy

It doesn't affect me, but I'm kinda "whatever" on it. People are going to do weed no matter the legality, or lack thereof.

12. pirateninja

I don't know. I've heard many conflicting stories on weed; that it's less harmful than cigarettes, or that it causes brain patterns similar to schizophrenia. But whether it's legalised or not, people will still do it. I'm not going to tell people to stop it or judge 'em if they do it. I'll admit, I'm curious about getting high and I'd quite like to try it.

Wikipedia time!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_cannabis

Weed is probably dangerous for me in the fact that if my mom EVER caught me doing weed, she'd kill me :grin:

13. Lychee

People who drink mild to moderate amounts of alcohol are statistically more likely to live longer than those who abstain from it. Therefore, it could be said, that by banning alcohol, we are shortening the lives of many people.
    However, marijuana does not have such positive benefits.

14. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

If its perfectly healthy, why can you be fired from your job if you are caught on it? Fact is it inhibits you. Along with that, it decreases brain cells. Just ask anyone who uses it regularly! You'd find they can't hold a regular job, and don't have any personal possessions!

15. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

What are the good effects of alcohol? Keep in mind your comparing it to weed.

16. ricoca

Erm weed is dangerous the same way alcohol is no? It renders the mind useless. Imagine if people are smoking marijuana and driving at the same time. Would they drive better cause the weed 'opens' their eyes? I don't think so. What if you're in class and your PROFESSOR is stoned? It takes a lot more than just laughing, being hungry and really sleepy.

Alcohol has its bad effects and so do weed. My only problem is if people use it without minding what it will do to people around them. Same old same old like alcohol.

You really think weed is not as bad as alcohol? Think again.

17. Ionless

the posession of marijuana in singapore warrants a sentence of 10-50 years in Singapore I think. (depends on the amount i think). Anyway, if it doesn't really harm the society it's fine i suppose.

18. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Looking at the countries that have legalized certain drugs and things like prostitution, the rates actually go down in part due to monitoring by the government. Do they not remember prohibition? I don't use it myself, but I wouldn't mind seeing it legalized.

19. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I say legalize it, the government is in our pants too often as it is.

20. EM68

I never used it and don't care to. In Massachusetts they made possessing an ounce a civil offense. If caught you get a citation and a fine then your on your way.