1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF did i just watch....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justine16, Jan 1, 2016.

1. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  2. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

4 minutes of dumb blonde girls jumping up and down

3. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I guess that is Alabama diversity for you.....

4. Kinky

Kinky Guest

They have one black guy, and a few brunettes. That's diversity :roflmao:

5. lovetoomuch

Ok, I'm waiting for backlash on this comment, but bear with me please.
    Was that video a waste of 4 minutes, definitely. Were I straight, I may have enjoyed that video a little more but not much more.

Do I question why a sorority, which should have a purpose of community service, is making a video solely of attractive white girls dancing around and smiling? Absolutely.
    Do I see a video with all Caucasian girls and wonder where the diversity is? Absolutely.

However, I do not think we can sit here and call them "dumb" or even "racist" for that matter. They are likely continuing a tradition of all white girls being in this sorority. I mean, if you were for example African-American, would you really want to be the only non-Caucasian girl? Probably not. I am sure many of them are dissuaded from applying (but someone would be right to say this video does not help at all).

I do not know the background of this sorority. If they reject non-Caucasian women into this sorority, I have a serious problem. If there are non-Caucasian women in the sorority but they failed to put them in this video, I also have a serious problem. But to attack these girls personally is not the way to go.

And the really shame of it is, this sorority is not dumb if you think about. Yeah, to us, this video is idiotic, but they gathered a ton more views because of the controversy. Even after seeing all the backlash, thousands of girls are going to apply to the University of Alabama and WANT to be in this sorority.

Do I agree with their morals in this video? No. Do we have the right to call them "dumb" or other harsh words because of this video? I don't think so. They're allowed to live their lives the way they want.

As LGBT members, don't we face a similar judgement from many people for living a life other than the typical straight person? I don't know if this post makes any sense and I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but I don't see a point in name-calling.

On a side note, I did waste 4 minutes of my life watching that video.

6. Rydia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I never knew glitter and inflatable candy was such a large part of sorority life.