1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blagojevich Thrown out of Power

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Swamp56, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

[​IMG]

[source]

What do you guys think of the Illinois Democrat that was Rod Blagojevich?

#1 Swamp56, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
  2. EM68

They voted 59-0 to oust him. I'm glad he's disgusting. I hope he goes to jail for a long long time. Plus he has bad hair.

3. 1974

Sorry dont know what the story is, didnt get much coverage here in UK

4. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ugh finally that jackass is out of office

5. crystaltriforce

the govonor of illinoise (i don't know if i spelled it right) basicly put the job of senitor that obama is vacateing up for sale accepting bribes.

6. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

He was caught trying to sell the senate seat of now president Barack Obama. The governor is supposed to appoint a senator in cases like this. They caught him on wiretap saying "I've got this thing and it's (expletive) golden, and I'm just not giving it up for (expletive) nothing. I'm not gonna do it,"

7. EM68

Not only trying to sell Obama's senate seat, he tried to shake down a children's hospital and dog track for campaign donations. Also he tried to get a member of the Chicago Tribune editorial staff fired for writing things about him that he did not like.

8. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

The thing is that Blagojevich never actually sold the senate seat, so he technically didn't do anything wrong, as much as we know how corrupt he is. That's why this trial was hard to start with...no evidence, and no actions done.

Not sure if they could bag him with conspiracy to commit corruption though :\ .

9. Um... I don't mean to sound like a queen, but I don't really know much about what he did so...

His hair needs work.

10. donnie5

crazy crooked politician!!! but what do you expect politicians sling bullshit for a living you gotta wonder what kinda character they all have

11. Curiosity

Curiosity Guest

He gave the state of Illinois such a bad name D:

12. donnie5

yea he might have done that but at least you don't live in Nebraska its so anti gay here we cant even visit our partners when there in the hospital!! and whats funny is our state motto is equality before law lol hypocritical bastards!!

13. JMar2222

yeah i live in illinois, and believe me, were a huge state and we all know how corrupt his politics were, and were excited that he's out. had we known, action would have been taken earlier. hes by no means a measure of what politicians or power-heads condone in this state.

yeah i have family in nebraska, MAJOR kudos for being out there, i would never be able to come out in nebraska to my family, they're all way too conservative, it just wouldnt work out for me.

14. Curiosity

Curiosity Guest

Hey! All my cousins live in nebraska and one of them is a lesbian and everyone is fine with it :grin:

15. donnie5

for the most part it has been hard to be out here. but then again i have never let people bring me down and when people are rude to me i kill them with kindness i wont let there hate take over my soul. not to mention im almost done with nursing school so when they come to the hospital guess who will be taking care of them lol

16. JMar2222

thats awsome! good for her! :slight_smile: haha i guess my familys just ultra conservative there.

17. JMar2222

donnie5, thats amazing! and such an amazing attitude, killing with kindness is the best weapon, i love that tactic. but that shows a lot about you that ur still out despite and doing what you can to fight against the system denying people rights. that's just awsome!

18. donnie5

my family are ok with it sort of but they dont really talk about its bassicly them minding there buisness but being out and about here i have met some real assholes who had some vile things to say to me

19. Nodnarb

With all this discussion of Nebraska, I thought of this:

[​IMG]

For Donnie and the rest of us metro-Omahans, I just wish that last line were a bit more true.

20. donnie5

well at least its getting there!!(!)