1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need Help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayPugs, Jan 4, 2016.

1. GayPugs

I'm so depressed. All I can think about is I'm broken. I've always thought about romance and I've always felt like I was the only one so young who felt the way I do. I'm so sure of who I am but...nobody else my age is. My mom keeps saying, "You're more mature than most girls your age. Just like your brother was." NEWS FLASH: MY BROTHER WAS NOT GAY WHEN HE WAS MY AGE! Does anyone know where I can find younger lesbians...like myself?

2. Ninetales

Out Status:
    Some people
    If your in school they may have an LGBT club. If your out of school you might be able to find something at your local college who will let you join. You might consider just googe "LGBT support (insert tour city). You will probably find something. It may not be your age group but they can probably point you in the right direction. You might be able to meet people online in your area who can point you in the right direction as well.

If you ever need somebody to talk to feel free to hit me up. I know how depression can be. We are all here for you.

3. GayPugs

I'm homeschooled. I'm also too young for ALL the LGBT clubs in my area and within 50 miles of my house.

4. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I experienced something similar like this, guys in my age bracket are typically down for the boom-boom-pow and not interested in building a relationship; the only thing I can think of is wait it out. Eventually people will catch up at their own pace; but should you choose not to you could look into some dating sites for gays/lesbians (though I really don't recommend this b/c there are some crazies out there). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#4 KnucklesNation, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  5. Mitchell

I did high school online in a home school program but I still went in to the local high school for Gay Straight Alliance and things like that =/

6. GayPugs

I'm too young for dating sites. Plus, I HAVE a girlfriend. I just want some friends who understand me. I have had my friends for almost, like, 5 years now. When I told them I was lesbian all of a sudden they wanted to have nothing to do with me. I'm really tired of lying about my age because I'm more mature than the average moron my age. If this gets me kicked off this site, so be it. You can be as ageist to me as you like. But, I'm young. And I have nobody to talk to. If I get kicked off this site, that just means the people making this site are not doing what they are supposed to be doing: helping lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transgender people feel like they have people to talk to.

7. sapphiregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm really sorry you're feeling like this. I understand, because I'm kind of in a similar position to you. I highly recommend finding an LGBT+ club at your school, or in your local area, because that way you can meet more people like you who are your age, and have been through similar experiences. Only late last year I joined the Queer Club at my uni, and I wish I had done it earlier. Everyone there was so welcoming, friendly and just accepting. It made me so happy. They also have a big Facebook group where they post events and things like that. It actually makes me feel like I belong somewhere. I even got 'invited' on Facebook to go to Pride this year :')

I guess what I'm saying is you kind of have to put yourself out there when you are in a position like we are in. Even though it takes courage, it's worth it in the end. Hold your head up high and be proud of who you are. You are amazing and don't forget it. I don't know you, but I'm proud of you. I understand the struggle, and it freaking sucks.

If you need to message me, feel free, because I could really do with a friend right now too :slight_smile:

Stay strong. Things always get better, even if it feels like they won't.

8. GayPugs

For the billionth time, I'm too young for any LGBT groups. Even youth groups. I spent over 15 minutes today trying to find an LGBT group that I was old enough for. Didn't find one. Also, I'm homeschooled.

9. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can understand the 'no LGBT+ clubs thing'. I don't have one near me at all. I try to be positive most of the time. Sounds silly, but optimism works. It did for me.

I see your out status that "You're out to 97%" so I think that's great. I take it that your environment is positive on the LGBT front? Do you want to find companions to befriend and hang out with or are you looking for something beyond? I'm just trying to understand.

#9 Ram90, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  10. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I get it. I went through the same thing when I was younger (I came out at 12), and living in a small town, there weren't a lot of people around with the same mindset as me, or who would accept me for who I was.
    But they will come eventually. Even in the small town I lived in, I eventually made friends who were also LGBT because I was open and confident about it (not in-your-face-like, but open).

If there aren't any directly LGBT+ clubs you can join because of your age, are there perhaps any hobbies you have that you can join courses/groups on?
    Anything that would bring you out amongst other people? I know it's not the same, but you'll never know who you might meet.
    Also, from my experience, there seem to be more than average amounts of LGBT+ and alternative people in the artistic hobbies, like painting or drawing or crafting.

Good luck (*hug*)
    (and feel free to write me if you need someone to talk to, even if I am sometimes a little slow to reply)

11. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry, that is awful. I am also young, and considered mature for my age and I am fully out to only one person, I have no LBGTQ+ clubs in my area, and most of the idiots my age are too immature to take something like that seriously. Luckily, most of my friends aren't straight, but I am not as close with them as I could be. If you find the right kind of social media pages, lets say instagram for example, you can make internet friends who are young and feel the way you do as well.

12. GayPugs

I don't want to reveal too much personal information. Where I live, what my real name is, that stuff. The internet is a place full of really bad people. Really bad. A guy once told me he had a juicy dick, I'm like, "Dude, I'm LESBIAN."