1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short film ideas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grungeteen, Jan 7, 2016.

1. grungeteen

So I'm an aspiring filmmaker but I haven't really made any proper films. I really really want to make a short film but I just don't have any ideas- well I do but most of them aren't possible or doable. I'm only a kid so I don't have the money to do things so the project would all have to require no money. Also I have no actors so I'm just going to shoot myself. I would prefer something that is not factual and more of a fictional story. I would usually use my dslr but I recently got an iPhone 6 so I would like to shoot it entirely on that.

Locations I have are my house and the garden, a have a very small train station nearby, I also have a small river and a really nice kind of wooded path on the way there.

Keep in mind it's winter and I'm in the uk so it is very cold. Plus I can't do anything like lgbt as my family are probably gonna see it and I'm not out.

This would be really helpful!

Thanks

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well a single person for a film huh ?

Something kinda obvious that comes to my mind would be to make a film about someone who wants to make a film but doesn't have any budget.

I don't really know what you mean by "short", if it's 15 minutes or something like that... You could make something funny.
    Or some kind of dialogue between the main character and his mind.

A video like this one could be made with only one person I guess (enable the subtitles):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUTtKnI90H0

What would you like to talk about to begin with ?