1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do people blast their music on a speaker?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jax12, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a guy on the train that puts his music on a portable speaker like he wants everyone to listen to his music. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

Why do people do this?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In your house or in your car? Fine.

But in public places I don't understand. I guess they're inconsiderate or think their music taste is the best and everybody will love it? Idk.

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh the idiots in the back of my bus were blaring obnoxious rap music today. I wish people were more considerate to the people around them.

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's especially annoying when they play offensive or completely annoying music so loud it rattles the windows of nearby buildings. If you want to hear it so bad, just get a set of nice headphones so everybody else doesn't have to suffer for it?

I sort of live in an area where I have this happen multiple times per day, it gives me serious anger issues and frequent headaches.

5. lemur4

as long as its not rap, i have no problem with it in cars. in houses, that can get annoying

6. radicalmuffins

Out Status:
    A few people
    I do this at home but never in public areas. I've had to reprimand someone to lower the volume because I noticed an old lady getting annoyed and her face was just.. angry so to save her from that I just told the man with the loud music to keep it down. Thankfully, he wasn't being an arsehole about is.

7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I dunno, just get them with the vulcan neck pinch, if they try it again

8. guitar

Narcissism. Not being told they weren't important. Not being taught proper manners and taking others into consideration.

People like this make me happy I have a 100-watt tube guitar amp.

9. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some folk enjoy negative attention. I remember getting trolled when I was 15 or 16. I capitalized on it to the point that my trolls tried to ignore me :lol: I guess what I'm trying to say, is that it could also involve histrionic traits.

I used to bring Hard House CDs to my high school. I'd control the situation every time we played music. I thought Hard House was the best music ever before I discovered Extreme Metal. It took a while to understand that some people are perfectly happy to listen to Pop music and nothing else.

It doesn't bother me if people blast music from their cars. I just think "Hahaha! I hope you enjoy going deaf!"

It bothers me if people on a bus/train blast music from their cell phones.

10. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

Ugh that's annoying.
    - I can understanding blasting it in your own home or on headphones but that's it, I do that, I want to feel surrounded by the music. ;3

11. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I can vouch for narcissists. I think they wouldnt want to share their music because others cant understand the perfection of their taste, they'd just stain it with their inferior sensibilities. Or maybe they would, because they are important that their taste is so important that it is something everyone should experience and be thankful for the opportunity to do so. I've known both types ..

12. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fortunately where I live people don't put their music on a portable speaker, but what people around here often do is have their car window rolled all the way down with their music blasting away full volume as they drive around a block over and over.

13. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe its for attention because I have this neighbor who lives above me and she was cited for doing this. It was so loud that it shook the building which I think is very disrespectful and inconsiderate especially when the building is pretty old. I have a brother who tends to do this all the time. He lived in a condo across the street from one of my sister s and he would blast his music so loud that you could not even hear yourself talk during a conversation or hear what's being said on the television. He too was citated for this as well and then because he kept doing it, he had to move away from the premises.