1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Went To A Drag Show??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BookWriter1994, Jan 7, 2016.

1. BookWriter1994

So, my birthday is coming up really soon. However, it is on a Tuesday in February so the weekend of I am trying to see if me and my two friends can to go to a club.

This club is very LGBT friendly and I also heard they are doing a drag show on the night the three of us are going.

I have never been to a drag show before. I mean, I know it will be super duper exciting but I was wondering has anyone on here has been to one?

I mean, what is going to happen once I go?

Care to share you thoughts on this?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never been to a drag show but just go and have fun! Happy belated birthday too! :birthday:

3. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never went but I think it would be exciting and a new experience for you...just go and enjoy it..its your birthday just have a good time and see if you like it

4. guitar

I've been to several gay bars where they were hosting one later in the night and each time we left before it started (after staying for several hours I might add). So no, I haven't actually "been to" one.

5. BookWriter1994

LOL my birthday is on February 2nd but thanks!!

6. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The club I used to work at would have drag shows twice a week.

7. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I've been to many drag shows. I've been to 3 clubs that had drag shows, an outdoor drag show, and 6 drag shows at a university. Every show is different but it's a lot of fun. I'd definitely recommend it.

Every drag show is different. You may see both drag queens and drag kings but mainly you will probably see lots of drag queens. There will be tons of dancing and lip syncing by the performers who have on elaborate makeup and pretty outfits. With the kings it's the same minus the makeup + a beard. There will probably be a main host who introduces the show and the queens/kings. There are a lot of different music varieties and sometimes there are flashing lights. LOUD music at times.

One thing that newbies to shows don't always know is that drag performers collect tips during their performances. You may want to bring some $1s if you are interested in tipping them.

It's a lot of fun to watch. It's super gay lol.

I've been in 4 drag shows (not at clubs though) as a king. As a performer it's a lot of fun too. Entertaining the audience is important to all of us so you'll be in for a fun show no matter what. You may run into some performers that are comedic performers and don't take themselves seriously (that's me). You'll also see some performers that do take it very seriously and are gorgeous with dazzling dresses and a beautiful ballad. Then you have those who are doing the raunchy sexual performances which are also pretty funny.

Sorry for the long response but I sort of have a lot of experience with this topic. Have fun!!

8. GayPugs

I want so badly to see a drag performance but I'm WAAAAAY too young to go to bars and I doubt my parents would ever let me see one anyways.

9. Formality

I would looove to go see one! I've seen some acts on youtube and they've been really entertaining. I simply don't have anyone to go with :tears:

#9 Formality, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  10. faustian1

Does gay bingo qualify? (!)