1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What were your favorite and least favorite subjects in high school?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TeruTeruBouzu, Jan 9, 2016.

1. TeruTeruBouzu

I enjoy math, even if I'm not good at it.

I don't really care for history, not because I don't like history itself, but we've been learning about the time between the colonists and the civil war for several years now and we haven't moved on to much else it seems.

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Favorite: History, Electronic, Arts, Economy
    It was really interesting.

Least favorite: Everything else.
    I really had no interest in anything else... It was boring, really boring. I can love all of them, but certainly not in this school.

I really was a tourist at school... Almost never did my homework, never working at home etc... I went to school in the morning, and went back home in the evening.
    It was a vocational school though, so it was really easy.
    Got my degree without giving a fuck.

3. davidfreckelton

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    DRAMA!!!!!!! the best. I totally love it. I'm on my schools improv team as well. band and PE were also favourites.

on the other hand planning and science were dreadful. my teachers for both were all Satan

4. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Favourite: English, Psychology
    Least favourite: I'd say Biology. Not because I don't like the subject (it's really interesting), but because the teacher's teaching style doesn't quite match how I learn.

5. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Art was great, and math was terrible. I failed math no matter how hard I tried, and eventually had to cheat my way out to graduate. Science was by far the easiest though, I could sleep in class, never study, and then ace the tests. (chemistry was an exception, because it contained math.)

6. Plattyrex

Art is good. All the other ones suck.

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favorite classes in high school were as follows: Sociology, Psychology, Ancient World History, American Government and American History, Microsoft Computers/Cadet Teaching, Yearbook, and English III and English IV, and Algebra II and College Algebra. So essentially my entire junior and senior years except for Chemistry XD

8. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I liked Geography because field trips. Plus I enjoyed Biology, Drama, Gym, and a few more subjects, so it's difficult to pick a fave out of my high school subjects.

In my experience, Maths was "eh". In my History class, we didn't talk enough about gruesome stuff and weapons.

I hated Home Economics. You need to take into account that I used to be more clumsy ^^;

My fave subject was/is Psychology, even although I didn't officially study it until college.

9. guitar

Loved history & the social sciences, hated math.

10. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Favorite: English, History, Social Studies, and Civics.
    Least Favorite: Gym, Math, Statistics, Biology.

11. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    English was fun when I was about 7-10 years old or so. When I was in fourth grade or so I was working on tasks from the eighth grade, because yah, I was good at English since mom had been teaching me by herself and stuff. I wasn't allowed to do the ninth grade material, so I was stuck there without being stimulated. After that English kind of stopped being interesting because it wasn't a challenge. In all honesty I still enjoyed it sometimes, though, because I could glow a bit.
    German was fun.
    But I think I'll have to say Biology for now. Yeah. History would be a close second, but Biology tops it.

Least favorite? Hmm... Well, after I was in a coma and stuff and my brain was damaged, Math became really hard for a while, so that was damn frustrating. I never really caught up, either. So Math wasn't a favorite subject.
    I think Chemistry must be the worst of all, though. God, it was awful. *shivers*

12. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am not sure I had a favorite class. Probably nothing that made me wake up on Monday yelling: "Yippee! I get to go to school!"

I'm thinking perhaps my favorite might have been a class on BASIC (computer programming). I rather enjoyed the time in the computer lab, making the computer do what I wanted it to do. The teacher was an interesting character. And it was easy getting a good grade.

I liked most science classes (except the day we had to hack up that poor little frog corpse in biology :eek:slight_smile:, my German class, and surprisingly I think I liked speech (taken only because it was required).

Classes I hated: math (was not gifted, and math was a struggle, alhtnough I really liked one of the teachers I had for 1 1/2 years, who made it understandable, and didn't make me feel like an idiot). I dlsliked social studies--it was always "read the book, answer the questions on this worksheet." I really didn't like health class. In the end, I hated French--the teacher was beyond incompetent. Plus she had the charming habit of talking about me behind my back in another period.

I probably would have hated PE, except I never took it.

I did take band one year, and had both like and strong dislike. There were good moments, but that band played a lot for football games, and that became tiresome. I hated sports, and I hated having to have 2+ hours of "school" on Friday nights.

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2016 at 12:50 AM ----------

I might as well mention this: high school came after a tough to follow year. 8th grade was undoubtedly my best year ever, overall. Fabulous science class (that taught me more than science--including my first real exposure to computers). I liked band that year--the teacher was fun, easygoing, and we did fun performances (e.g., no football games). The only non-ending horror that year was PE. I was not an athelete. I think I got tired of my teacher--when we had health (co-ed), I was assigned to the girls' PE teacher, and thought happily of quarter break from my PE teacher.

13. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My favorite classes that I' taken are psychology, english & philosophy.
    Least favorites is by far math & chemistry. ew. lol & also PE, I fucking hate PE.

14. art3mis

I liked physics, biology, computer science and psychology since these were the topics I was most interested in.

I absolutely hated PE and latin

15. Naxams

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well shit im not in high school but i would love english and maby history depends on what there doing if it is about others countries i would be all over that

16. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Favourite: Biology
    Least Favourite: Math

17. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My favorites were science (I took almost every science course the school offered at one point or another) and art.

My least favorite was math. It put me to sleep.

#17 ThatBorussenGuy, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  18. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My favorite classes were the science classes. It wasn't because I was some genius future scientist or something, it was because I grew up in a fundamentalist family in a conservative small town. It was a breath of fresh air to a logical critical thinking person. Also when I graduated, one of my science teachers helped me to get into college. I really needed someone's help, because my family was dead set on any of the girls going to college, much less one away from home. I wasn't going to get any support, financial or otherwise, from my family, but a couple of my teachers helped me with the process of what to do. My family's response was to home school the younger siblings. At first I felt a little guilty about that, but I now think it was going to happen regardless. My leaving was just one small factor in that.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

19. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Same!

20. BookWriter1994

I really hated math. Still do hate math. My favorite subject was History. History is amazing and I loved learning about things that had happened in the past.