1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loneliness

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shidr, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Shidr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How do you deal with loneliness as a gay person especially if live in a homophobic county.. And don't know so many lgbtq people. Sometimes it feels like you gonna be alone forever and being human we are created to be close to others

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Well you've made one good investment for yourself in joining these forums. Maybe you can try chatting with people on here, maybe make some friends.
    I don't know much about LGBT stuff in Nairobi. I'll take your word for it that it's homophobic. But are there scenes or places that are less homophobic? Are there spaces you could go to to talk to other LGBT people?
    Also, how are your close ones? Do you think there are people you know that you could come out to?

Loneliness is awful. I'm sorry to hear you have to go thorough that. *hug*

3. warthog

Speaking from experience : it sucks. life is hopeless at times and when you finally get over the crap of trying to be "normal" you end up isolating yourself completely. I take lessons from nature and kind of lock myself in like some sort of hermit crab or a snail in the dry season. there was one person who I liked and we had a weird relationship with and then homophobia got the best of him and i was shunned... and now deeper in the abyss I discovered one thing : being alone is not so bad. don't worry bout it, and love yourself.

4. TheBiBoy

TheBiBoy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello Shidr,
    I can feel for you. Me, as a bisexual used to feel very lonely but I feel ok now. I am great friends with a member on here and he has helped me through it so talking to us on here is a great thing to do for you. I would be greatly happy to help you through this. It is horrible to suffer from loneliness. I came out to my class after coming out to my best friend who helped me through the process and all the class has been very supportive. There must be somewhere where you can go to and meet other LGBT people. If you have someone you think will be ok for you to come out to them if you feel ready you could try talking to them. Most of what Invidia said I will say so I will stop here.

If you want to talk, we are here for you. Hope you don't feel to lonely. (*hug*)

We're Here For You,
    TheBiBoy

5. Duane

Duane Guest

I personally am shameful with my loneliness. I use escapism, such as; music, writing, reading, movies and shows . Generally end up talking at movies and shows while I watch them. I also fill up the other side of the bed with books and mp3s and kindles or similar electronics.

6. Xvision

As a discrete gender fluid gay guy, I can really related to this situation and there's probably many more LGBT people that feels the same way. I live in a racial homophobic small town far away from big cities or places. And don't have many friends, maybe no friends at all. I don't see my parents often. Got bullied a lot, Had no one to talk to and am always keeping situations and my feeling to myself. I've been and felt lonely for almost my entire life. It got me depressed and isolated. Most of the time I just cry in my bed while i'm staring outside the window. Watching the stars and talking to the moon, singing myself to sleep or just by praying always ease my pain or my loneliness. I tried to get professional/ regular help or reach out to people (apparently they don't really care about me) but nothing helps for me (but that doesn't mean it won't help you) "yet". When I get lonely I just try doing things that distract me from getting lonely, I read books, play video games/ board games, I sing a lot, write songs, cooking & baking, painting & drawing, listen to music and watching anime, talk shows, comedy series or movies.

Last month when I visited the US has taught me a lot, First of all always try to stay confident & positive, don't let people get you down, try looking for professional help (could be pricy sometimes), talk to your family or friends, make new friends (if you don't have (many) friends), spend your time doing the things you like (replace your loneliness time with fun activities), being alone can give you the opportunity to discover yourself completely and just love yourself. Carpe Diem all the way. (*hug*) remember your never alone, EC is always here for you :slight_smile:

And as for the homophobic part, just ignore them. :grin: If it's not possible, just try to be cautious.

#6 Xvision, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  7. Warkupo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I shop for cheesecake. >.> Luckily, I am easy to please/amuse. Humor definitely helps too.

8. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being the token trans guy of my school who isn't out to the grade yet kinda really sucks. It helps me to be on this site (we have a lot of young trans guys, actually)

9. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Blast MCR, Avenged Sevenfold, Black Veil Brides.
    Helps. I don't listen to sad music when I'm lonely. I prefer violent, really violent metal, screamo etc when I'm lonely.

But it does not erase or nullify the loneliness, instead it infuriates me, agitates me, angers me which is better than feeling lonely.

And I hang out with my friends. They are the best, and are very supportive :grin: