1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tone legs and the butt?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mychemromance99, Jan 11, 2016.

1. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay so some background....
    I lost weight dramatically until last October, for reasons unknow I had lost around 7-8 kilograms in the span of 6 months.
    I'm slightly chubby. After the weight loss, now I've put on some weight, especially around my thighs and my butt, again I don't know why.
    Umm my legs are a bit, feminine should I say? And I've got a very prominent bubble-butt so I've been trying to tone my legs and lose the fat around my thighs. I've been doing squat 12×3, plie squats 12×3, bridges and much more since 45 days. But I've noticed that it is adding more muscle and that's the opposite of what I intended :dry:
    So any ideas how to lose fat from the butt and thigh region? And should I see a nutritionist?
    Any thoughts will be appreciated :slight_smile:

2. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Running? That might help a bit. And when you do squats and the like, try doing it with low weight. It'll tone the muscles as opposed to bulking up.

#2 DougTheBicycle, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  3. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've done squats, but they ended up adding more muscle, I'm planning on seeing a nutritionist.

4. AlamoCity

I run and go up and down stairs. My calves are very toned and firm but my thighs are still "bulky"/"muscular." I've always had "thick" calves even at my skinniest. Maybe some people just have certain areas that are naturally "thin" or "thick."

5. Hiems

Pretty sure squats and deadlifts, among other exercises that use a lot of leg muscle, should do the trick. I would consider going to bodybuilding.com for guides on strength training. I think there are nutrition guides too, if you are not able to see a nutritionist.

I don't think you can spot reduce adipose with diet and exercise. You kinda just lose fat overall over time, and not necessarily from the desired spot(s) initially.