1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constantly Exhausted.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by taken, Jan 13, 2016.

1. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have an extremely busy schedule between full time work (night shifts) and working on a master's degree. I don't get a lot of time to see my girlfriend and it seems like when we do see each other I am extremely exhausted and just fall asleep. Last night, she got upset with me because I hadn't seen her in about a week and when I went to see her, I fell asleep on the couch in about an hour and half of being there. I'm trying to get my sleep schedule more regular, but does anyone have any tips on how to feel more energized when I am awake? I just feel like I could sit down and pass out at any point during the day.

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

You could try different things like caffeine or getting up and doing some exercise first thing. Maybe when you feel really tired go to the bathroom and splash some water on your face or something. Sitting/lying down will probably make it easier to want to sleep so depending on the situation, you may want to avoid that and keep doing active things when possible.
    Hope this helps and sorry to hear that!

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's probably just the constant working you're doing but is it possible you have mono?

4. SharpEdges919

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can attest to working out first thing in the morning. I used to do that before I had all these morning classes, and it helped me to be more energized all day. It'll also help you be healthier in the long run :slight_smile: