1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spectrum a song by Boyinaband

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aeolia, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    [YOUTUBE]vYoapICIfeE[/YOUTUBE]

Your thoughts ?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't listened to it yet but I've read the lyrics. The song is just too real for me, even though I've had many talk about LGBT with my grand/parents and from what I gather they're accepting, but what if they change when it comes to their own grand/child.

3. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I have to admit I love this song. I have a tendency to post it here on some of the forums if I think it fits. I was already a fan of Boyinaband before I discovered this song quite a while ago. I'm a subscriber to his channel and I think he raises quite a few good points and makes good content in my opinion. It's a good and important song, especially for those that are struggling. I know it helped listening to this when it felt that I was losing the people around me in high school- especially after being outed, I felt rather betrayed by my "friends".

"I can choose my friends, and I can choose my family, if they won't accept me then others will have me" and "do it for the friends who'll support you, do it for the place that will secure you" are the lines that stick in my mind the most. There are a few songs out there about coming out- but not many of them touch upon some of the more negative aspects and issues.

(*hug*) :eusa_danc So um yeah, I like it. :slight_smile: