1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual phrases in everyday speech

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HunGuy, Jan 17, 2016.

1. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

Yesterday I was thinking (as always), and I realized how much we use phrases related to sexuality in everyday speech. And the sad thing is, almost always in a negative way. Just to cite a few examples (nothing surprising):

1. Fuck me/you/it/him/her/this shit!
    2. You're a dick/pussy/dickhead/cocksucker
    3. I'm fucked/screwed!
    4. Suck my dick!
    5. Fucking...!
    6. Clean vs "dirty" content.
    7. "Bumping uglies."

In Hungarian we also use "geci" ("cum") in a lot of different ways. Most of the time it's like 2. above, meaning a person who's a really big scumbag. Or with the 4. above, like "Suck out my cum!".

I think people use these words like this because of religious influence. Obviously xianity didn't (doesn't) really "like" sexuality to put it mildly, and people just got used to it over the centuries, they use these words in a negative way without thinking about it. These words are not "bad", nor the things they refer to. I believe these subconsciously add to the false notion that sex is a dirty, unwelcome, bad, evil, morally wrong thing, and doing/being the things mentioned in the list would be degrading.

So I decided to cease using these words in a negative way, and maybe I'll also try to open up the eyes of the people I know about it. I wonder what they would think.

Any thoughts on this?

2. Ryu

Ryu

Go fuck yourself?

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To my casual observation it would seem that the more repressed sexuality is within the society the more sexual related phrases there are in the spoken language. My country is fairly relaxed with sexuality and we don't really have so many sexual phrases. English has much more and Arabic and Persian are absolutely filled with sexual related phrases. An Egyptian friend told me they got many expressions like this: "If you are being fucked in the ass and there is nothing you can do about it, then just enjoy it." It means don't cry over spilled milk or if there is nothing you can do about it, don't worry about it.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I knew it, I just knew it... There has to be something going on inside those huge pyramides...