1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Speech

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Jun 11, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

I wrote this speech two years ago around christmas (i was only 13) the ideas in it still stand for me. I wish i had mentioned stuff about gays but i guess i covered it indirectly.
    I know it says United 'States' but i the values could go for any country.

here it is:

Morgan’s Speech of 2006 (the new year of 2006, i wrote it x-mas of 2005)
    I ask, why be it called the United States of America if we are, in fact, divided? The people of the States have free speech, but yet when we speak our minds we are ridiculed for it. Why is this so? I ask. The answer lies in our own minds and feelings. We hate people for how they are, which is something they have no control of. Don’t we realize that somewhere there is someone who hates us for some nonsense reason too? We would give them such a lecture on not judging people, while in fact, we judge others the same. It is only human to judge, but it is a human trait that we must learn to conquer. To live in peace and to be truly united we must not judge others.
    No matter what your religion, race, personal beliefs, qualities, or state of mind, their will always be one person who will not accept you. To that, I say, is wrong. People only act a certain way or believe certain things because of their upbringing, certain experiences, or they are simply just following the crowd. Religion, as I see it, is the most personal beliefs one can have. For someone to tell a person that his or her beliefs are wrong is simply wrong. Everyone should be able to express him or herself and believe whatever they want.
    Taking into consideration that some religions may call for violent and inappropriate acts, I still believe what I said before. A religious person cannot act upon their beliefs if it is against the law and still get away with it because of that. One person may feel that their religion is wrong for calling upon such violent acts, but because they think that since their religion is the only correct one they may still follow through with the act to please their god(s) or others of that religion. This is quite understandable, as many people would feel the same. It is up to that person to take into consideration what is right and what is wrong. Then should they act, if at all? If they are under any influence by others or feel threatened into believing such things that they feel is wrong, then they should act in the way they truly believe is appropriate or seek help from one in an appropriate situation.
    People have their own minds and they know what is right and what is wrong. If the above statement is untrue for them than they simply are incapable of human acts and should be treated accordingly. If this world is to ever act peacefully and corporate in a humane way than those who can help those in need, should. Those who are unable to help should at least be kind to others so that those who they have been kind to should at least know how to act from thereon.
    It is one task to unite a nation, but another to unite the world. As people have found so far it is good to take small steps. First you would claim a city or even a school to such worthy peace. Then it would spread from state to state. After such, it may even spread into another nation. After such time and action the world may see a better day. Of course, not everyone would be willing to cooperate. Some would rather live in turmoil and destruction. To these people we should ignore and maybe, over time, they will catch on.

If you see someone in need and you are physically able to help him or her, then why do you continue on your way? This is where we are wrong. If you have the money, the strength, and the will, than you do not need the time. It will be provided upon proper circumstances. Those in need cannot prevent themselves from being so; therefore it is up to us to act. Those who can help, must. How can you see despair and yet ignore it? Some people are actually the cause of it and do not see their ill ways. Then they feel the need to complain while they still continue to infiltrate the society with their plagues of inhumanity!
    No matter who you are, in some way, you can and should help. No matter your financial circumstances or your beliefs you are still able to correct the wrongs of others. Whether it is through kind acts, donations to charity, giving to those with nothing, or simply smiling at a stranger, you are able to help. Everyone just needs to cooperate for this to work. If we want a United States than how come we all don’t do our fair share of kindness? We should be united and equal!

Seeing how corrupt the world is, you know that this cannot be done overnight. This may take years, decades, or even centuries. But I ask you, isn’t it worth it to have a world full of peace, sharing, and life? With every passing day we become more and more delved into destruction. We alter forests, knock down trees, commit murders, burn houses, and shove the world’s hopes into a pit of doom. We are the generation to stop this and yet we still are doing nothing. I ask again, do we really need a United States? Or should we have a United World?
    We are separated. And we are alone. Those who want to help often stop because of a great feeling of hopelessness. But if we all stand together to make an effort, it should be possible! We have free speech, we have liberty, and we have justice! Sometimes this is obvious, but most of the time it is not. I say that no person in particular is to blame. Some say it is the President, others say it is one certain race or religious group. And still others blame other nations. While this may seem correct to some, the truth is the only one responsible for seeing what lies within us.
    We see this and we are always trying to find the blame! Can’t we look upon our own lives and see that we, ourselves, are not trying our hardest to change it? You cannot complain if you are not trying to do anything to stop a problem! If you do not want to make an effort to change a situation than you should quit complaining now, or start to change your own ways and help the situation!
    Look at your own life. See what can be done to change the problems in a peaceful manner. Is there a way? Will you need help from others? If so, whom will you ask? The answer to this, once again, lies within you. If you solve this problem, will it benefit others too? This is an important question. When you go to take an action, think not only will this benefit me, but will it also help others? If not than rethink your actions. Before you say something, think, will this hurt another person or will it make a difference in the situation? That, in fact, is our problem. If we don’t stop thinking about ourselves and excluding other people from our lives then we will not live in peace. You are not the only person on this planet! How can you be united with others if all you care about is yourself?

Also, not just thinking about people, you must take into consideration this planet in which you live. How can you complain about its state if you are adding to the problem, yourself! If you want the earth to take care of you, you must take care of the earth. If you do not want to walk in garbage, than do not leave garbage upon this earth! People spend so much time trying to make themselves perfect, which is solely to their benefit, that they neglect the earth, which benefits all! If you harm yourself, than you are still harming the earth and others even though you feel that it is only yourself that you are affecting. This is true! Your actions make a ripple affect. Whatever you do, will eventually affect others, either for the good or for the bad.
    To conclude my point, I tell you, remember if you want a life that is perfect than you first must take into consideration others, the earth, and the result of your actions. For if you don’t, you can only create a negative effect. Again, why do we think the United States are so united, if in fact, they are deeply divided? This is true not only by state boundaries, but by religion, race, personal beliefs, qualities, and state of mind. If we are to cooperate and act as one, than we must release negative beliefs and replace them by correct and kind judgement, for that, is the only way its ever going to work. The way to change the world is not by war, but by an everlasting epidemic of peace.

2. TexasRomance

TexasRomance Guest

:confused: WE have A winner , FOLKS!

3. Steam Giant

Yeah! That's the ticket! Very motivational, and very true! If every human were to consider the consequences of their actions, particularly how they will affect others, the world would be a MUCH better place. Some would call this wishful thinking. I call it a goal ^^ Great job!