1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pulling an All Nighter

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gerry, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So this is one of the few times I've pulled an all nighter. It's Tuesday and I woke up at 7:30am on Monday morning for class. I just found out that I got a job today at a middle school which starts at 8:00am and it's already about 3:30am. I see no point in going to bed. Lol. Then after school gets out (about 2:00pm) I have class at 3:30pm until 5:00pm. I'm going to be so dead. Anyone know of any ideas how to "stay awake". I'm new to this and definitely don't plan on doing this very often. Thanks.

2. Shevanel

lol i did this tonight. pointless. for me i mean.... lol. oh well at least i had fun talking to people in chat :slight_smile:

3. ricoca

lol Joey I was about to post that we're all in chat haha

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I did it once, but not for class - it was over a holiday, and I just wanted to see if I could. I felt exhausted for the first few hours past my normal sleep time, but then that started to clear up and I just kinda stumbled around for the rest of the day. Caffeine might mess you up even further, so find some task to keep you busy and focused.

5. kayar

Yeah Hi! How are you doin'? With the time difference it must be early or mid afternoon where you are. You're maybe betwwen one class and your afternoon 'gig'. Here in the uk it's 8.30 in the evening.

It took me a few moments to understand what you meant - 'Pulling an All Nighter'. I needed to adjust for 'trans-atlantic translation'! Hehehe!

In the uk, 'pulling' is usually employed to mean 'making a connection', 'making out', etc. So my first reaction was that you were telling us about a whole night of sex with a guy you'd 'pulled' and no sleep!!!!!!! What did you just say - "Yeah, I wish!!!!" Thought so! Heheheh!

Hey, hope you make it through; and sleep well tonight. Take care. X

6. Amy

Amy

I <3 all nighters. In the middle of one riht now. Not because of homework(even though I have hella work to do...), but because I just don't want to sleep.

7. gaius

gaius Guest

try red bull, cold shower, coffee consistantly through the day, oh and dnt keep he room you're in too warm

8. gaius

gaius Guest

and i pretty much all nighter all the time

9. ArcaneVerse

I do all nighters often enough even did 72 hours once, pretty much don't get bored, do what ever you can and never ever look at a clock or try to figure out how many hours you've been up for so far, big mistakes and caffeine helps a lot.

10. Apocalypte

Despite being extremely nocturnal, I have trouble pulling all-nighters. I'd be more likely to sleep for a few hours, even if it's only for 1-3 hours.

11. sdc91

I've never had to pull one, but my psycho roommate does all the time. He drinks Redline or takes anhydrous caffeine, but he's really weird and messed up... I wouldn't recommend it. I'd go to sleep in the situation, even for 3 hours, but if I had to stay up I would buy a 5 Hour Energy shot.

12. someguy82

I used to pull these regularly in undergrad. Now that I'm in law school I try to be a little more responsible about my sleeping habits, but I've still done it a couple times.

13. James

I pull all-nighters all the time, even stayed up for 2 days one time. Caffeine helps me.

14. jazzrawr

I hate pulling all nighters. I get sick to my stomach if I stay up more than 16 hours or so, and caffeine makes me even more sick. All nighters = not good for Jazz.
    I've done it a few times, but the results were not worth it. XD

15. Tom

Tom Guest

I do this way too often,and not intentionally just I cant get to sleep. I find that keeping yourself busy and not thinking about sleep is a good way not to start feeling tired the following day

16. Wired106

one word. adderall

17. TuucciZ

I've been up for 40 hours once, and near the end it felt like I was really drunk. It was necessary for my sleep rhythm, though.

18. I was gonna say that too, that's what I use. But I don't think we're supposed to mention that here since it's a prescription drug and if you're using it to stay awake, you shouldn't be using it at all since it's used to treat ADD.