1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared to talk to someone unless I know they like me.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by walkerhamilton, Jan 19, 2016.

1. walkerhamilton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I really like this guy in school. I know that he is bi and he's the first person I have been attracted to who I know could be attracted to me (because they're not straight), but I don't want talk to him unless I knew he liked me back. And I can't stop blushing every time he says hi to me. omg I sound ridiculous... what should i do, if anything?:bang:

2. lovetoomuch

I'm the same way actually. I have to know the person likes me back or I see no point in talking to him and attempting to pursue something. Nothing is wrong with giving it a try though. I know you may be nervous, but try by just starting a conversation with him :slight_smile: Maybe if he says hi once, you can just ask "How's everything going?" or some other general question that could strike up a conversation.

I'm not the most experienced person, so this may be terrible advice - lol. But you will not know how he feels about you unless you guys start exchanging more than a "hi." Obviously don't look obsessed or creepy (which I don't think you would), but definitely show some interest. Good luck!

3. walkerhamilton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly I've posted quite a few questions and concerns on EC, and this has to be by far the best response of a question I have asked. Very straight forward but very understanding. Thank you!

4. lovetoomuch

Well, you just made my day, so thank you. I'm glad I could help! Post on my wall if you ever need any help in the future or have questions.
    Once again, best of luck - don't be afraid to take a risk. Yes, it could turn out bad, but imagine how amazing it would be if everything works out :slight_smile: I'm a hopeless romantic, so I'm rooting for you.

5. JiminyJordy

JiminyJordy Guest

Don't allow your self-perceptions to undermine your chances with this guy. Try to hide your nervousness and ridiculous misconceptions about yourself and talk to him like he's your best friend. It's a great opportunity for you, and I hope you'll continue to interact with him and be bold in the quest for love.

6. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not talking to someone unless you know they like you is going at it backwards. This is where the saying "put yourself out there" comes in. You've got to start the conversation. You can keep it low stakes at first and progress to the point of one of you mustering the courage to ask the other out. And it doesn't all have to happen in the first conversation.