1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 2 Years.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Yosia, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Yosia

Hello everyone! I have been a member of this site for two years now, (give or take a couple of days), and I wanted to share with you my past 2 years both on EmptyClosets, and in my life too.

I'm not going to lie, two years ago I was a real mess in the sense of understanding my sexual orientation and gender identity - the latter is still a bit messy, and I was in a pretty dark place, especially because a lot of the people I knew either didn't care, or took it as an opportunity to make things even harder for me. At the start, I really couldn't care about what I was, I mean - I am quite good at things like that, but then it did get too much for me and I felt like I needed answers.

I started by talking to people over the internet who were LGBT+, and one of those told me about a support website which was really good for LGBT+ people - emptyclosets. I looked around the forums for a tiny bit and I decided to register an account. I actually took quite a while to settle in I found, I thought that a community like this would make me feel like I belonged, but at the start I just felt like another number. It was not until I actually made my first few posts that I understood how kind and caring a lot of the people on this site were!

At the start, I was over-thinking my sexuality a lot and that made me think that I was homosexual, while totally oblivious to the fact that I could have been bisexual/pansexual. Even with all the help and support from the people on this site, it still took quite a while to come to terms with everything, but while I came to terms with my sexuality, I still felt very different. This is where my next adventure started - and is still continuing.

I had seen a couple of posts about the T part of LGBT+, but had never really understood what it meant. So I researched, both what being transgender was, and peoples stories on this site, and the question then hit me: is that me? I still question my gender identity still, and while it doesn't trouble me as much as it used to, (because I have many friends who love me as a person, not identity), but it's still my current journey, and hopefully it won't be too long until I'm at my destination.

-------

Another reason for this post is that I wish to thank each and every person on this site! There are a few people I really hold close to me from this site however, some of them may not use this site any more for whatever reason, but they are responsible for making me feel so welcome, comfortable, and for just being awesome friends!
    - Kaiser, while you probably won't get to read this, you are just the most awesome person that anyone could wish for. While some may see you as a cold person, you were one of the warmest people I knew, and if you weren't making me smile, then you were helping me or everyone else with something.
    - Straw_berry, again, you may not see this, but you are a really friendly person who I could talk to for hours and you were close to me! I mean, isn't your name Straw_berry because I changed mine to Milkshake for a while? :')
    - JessieRayne, you are another person I could talk to and have fun with. We help eachother out with things and you are an awesome person!
    - Paisley (Parsley), you are amazing, just because I call you Parsley ;3. You are also great to talk to i guess. xD
    - Anyone who has talked to me/posted on my threads, without you, then I could not have had the fun and the answers that I have received on this website.

Most importantly, I want to thank the staff. You guys work so hard to keep this website an amazing place for anyone who is either here already, or future people who need advice/a place to belong. You guys should be really proud!

---------

Welp, this sums up my soppy story of two years. I really look forward to spending a lot more of my life on this website with you people. :3

Also, please feel free to ask me any questions, I feel like answering things, idk why. xD