1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a question...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MayaBee, Jan 23, 2016.

1. MayaBee

So, I heard about people being straight for most of their lifes and then with like 40 oder 50 or whatever, they realized that they are gay. Now I have been wondering, does this happen in reverse as well? Like, does someone think they are. gay and then with age they realize they are straight? Does this happen?

2. joshvolby

yeah its possible coz as you grow up you wanna explore more you want to try new thigs but sometimes you are just curious.

3. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was watching FRIENDS and ''the one with Phoebe's husband'' saw a man who thought he was gay because all his friends are and he's an ice dancer, but said his parents would be cool with him being straight as his brother is. I know this is fictional, but FRIENDS is said to be a microcosm of 25-35 year olds between the years 1994-2004 living in New York.

#3 Secrets5, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  4. Elli

I don't think that's likely..
    I feel like those people that realize they are gay when they are like 40 or 50 probably just suppressed their sexual desires so much they might not even feel them properly anymore.

But in case you're worried about that: Don't be. I don't think a drastic change like that happens that you just wake up one morning and feel attracted to a different gender than you have all your life.

Besides, we don't know what the future holds. Best to just let things happen and not to think too much about it :slight_smile:

5. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know a woman who considered herself a lesbian in her grammar school days. Then in college she fell in love with a man and they've been together ever since. I don't think she considers herself into women anymore.

6. Cedar

Sexuality is fluid, I don't see why not, it's always possible.

7. H20

H20

I completely agree with Cedar. It's not impossible to lose interest in one gender. As we grow, our sexuality evolves. If someone experiences opposite attraction of all a sudden though, they could be simply curious or maybe they're bisexual. I heard of a bisexual who actually suppressed their desires for the opposite sex before because there's a stigma about bisexuality within the LGBT community still (monosexuals, people thinking you're just uncertain or greedy, etc). Sometimes though, people just get crushes on others who wouldn't naturally meet their sexuality criteria. It happens.

8. Southern Stoic

Lurking on the dark underbelly of the web
    ^This.^

9. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It can happen, but I don't think it's as common as a straight one that realizes they're gay after decades.