1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random story time: I'm spiteful :3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AgenderMoose, Jan 23, 2016.

1. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just thought this would be something fun to share. :thumbsup:

So, a few days ago, a friend of mine was talking to me about our D&D session, specifically asking me questions about my character, Marcell. See, a little note about Marcell is that they use they/them pronouns, just like me, and they're AMAB. Well, my friend kinda messes up in conversation. He asks me a question...but refers to Marcell as "she". My response was to chuckle a bit and say "Marcell is a what?". Then, my friend sighs, corrects himself, and says something that I didn't expect:

"Promise me you won't make another character like this? Y'know, with the whole 'they' thing."

I held my tongue for a moment to not unleash seething rage, and finally responded with "Y'know...those are my pronouns too, right?"

He said "I know." Then there was a pause of silence.

I simply closed that portion of conversation with "I make no promises". I had already planned my next character to have a split personality. Just to frustrate him more, I'm thinking about having one personality use she/her, and the other personality use he/him. :grin: D&D thrives on creativity pal, I will make my characters however I please. Feel my spite.

2. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have no idea what any of this means. So lost...

D&D made me think of M&M's.

Now I need M&M's but the stores are closed.

GOOD. JOB.

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I can't say I understand or empathize with your spite since it sounds like your friend just made an honest, simple mistake which alot of people do unintentionally. If something as simple as that really caused you to feel so much rage, I think you should try to be less sensitive about your gender and have more patience for your friend as long as he's at least trying to be supportive.

4. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not spiteful that he got it wrong, really. I'm used to him getting it wrong, and I correct him constantly. Sometimes, I just ignore the thing altogether.

I'm spiteful that he told me not to make a nonbinary character again just because it's frustrating for him to use they/them pronouns. And, honestly, he's not really that supportive of my gender. It seems like he ignores my identity entirely.

I might not even go through with my spiteful plan. But I do consider it kinda funny if I do. Plus, this might sound like a shitty thing to say, but I like to frustrate him sometimes. Kinda gets back for times when he frustrates me, I guess.

Whoops, guess I should specify. D&D is short for Dungeons and Dragons :lol: Sorry about your craving!

#4 AgenderMoose, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  5. Kinky

Kinky Guest

UNLEASH YOUR SPITE!!!

and M&M
    uuum, M&M, I don't think we have that at our stores. At least we still have oreos.
    M&M *weeps*

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Ok, I see where your comimg from, however it simply wont do you anygood to let the spite bottle up inside, so you gotta find a better way of letting it all go, without taking it out on your friends like this. If he is a real friend I think he'll make the nessecary effort with the pronouns even if it takes time. If not... perhaps the friendship may be worth re evaluating

7. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get it. It can be so frustrating when people don't want to use your pronouns. My one friend is the same way: I've asked her multiple times to use my pronouns and name but she will not do it, and gives me weird looks every time I ask. I also changed my old name to the correct one on Google, and she asked me to change it back because "it's confusing." But I would feel like a dick if I just stopped being friends with her.
    We know the feels. (*hug*)

8. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're considering adding fuel to the fire or at least that is what your friend would probably think you're doing. I understand those urges! ^^; I'd ask your fiend to use the correct pronouns, I'd give gentle reminders at first, and I'd be more blunt if the problem persists, and then (if he couldn't adapt within a month?) I'd be like "It's time we went our separate ways" or progressively distance yourself (socially) from him. I dunno how important he is to you, but you deserve respect.

If he's been a DM for a while, then he'll be wary about ways you could gain an "unfair" advantage by using a character with two personalities. Otherwise, I recommend keeping the two personalities similar and it might slip under the radar. I'd try to limit the personality switching. Honestly, I'd probably use the same gender for both personalities, because I'd want the DM to feel as comfortable as possible. I'd rather play a positive-sum game than a zero-sum game 3edgy5me

If you really want to frustrate him, then... no, that might give bad ideas to people lol