1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People assuming you're hitting on them? (Randomly)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spiderstalker, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Spiderstalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Where do i start, has it ever happened to you that someone assumed that you are/were trying to hit on them hook up?. I know we all roll our heads lose with many things daily but, this is something that i noticed happened to me tons of times, girls tend to automatically think that i'm trying to get somewhere even when we're talking about anything else like work stuff, weather you name it, usually when i ask a girl on a date i do foretold and not beat around the Bush but when i don't (cause those woman/girls are not of my interest in that way) i notice in-within convos where they reveal or say something that makes it look like that, i am curious to know if this happens to anyone else and how often? for example, in a funny way i called a work partner today merely to ask her about some files and she was like surprised or should i say ''paranoid'' and even ask, is that really why you're calling me? :eusa_doh: lol, so this has happened other times outside or work with very random encounters, personally i think it happens because i tend to be ''kind or friendly'' (or easy going on any kind of talk) most of the time, like if someone speaks to me i try to get along well if i am in a nice day, i noticed some Friends of mine do not do that at all with girls they are not interested i mean, they try not even having to respond a question about the wheather.

Sorry for the long words, but i was curious to know if anyone else experiences this kind of thing often.

2. Gomez

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's probably because women are so used to men trying to get in their pants, they automatically want to shut it down before it happens.

3. Spiderstalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yes, i also think this has a lot to do with, however this makes much more sense when i engage a conversation with an unknown girl, however with others that i already know and never shown any signs of ''flirting'' with them at all, that's when it gets tricky, or maybe some of these woman got used to this and rather even skip the part when they difference a flirt with a casual talk, i don't go crazy about this because i'm also used to it :rolle: so i know it didn't stop me from keep being myself however since is starting to happen way too often (awkwardly) i think i am going to avoid any kind of conversations that are not a requirement from now on

4. Rydia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I never think anyone is hitting on me unless they are very overt about it, but I've had a lot of experiences where a guy has hit on me and then turned very nasty when I didn't respond in the way they hoped. I think a lot of women have had this experience and it makes us all a bit gun shy about guys we don't want hitting on us having even the the remotest encouragement to do so.