1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popularity: School, General, Life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rocking23, Feb 4, 2009.

1. rocking23

Out of 10 how popular do you think you are?

And what do you recomended to help those who rate themselves low, and would like to become more popular?

I would give myself a 7.5/10.

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At school, I was about a 2. The rest of the world, probably about a 4. I have no idea how to be likeable, so I can't give any advice on that.

3. StrataScribe

well im no longer in school thank god! but id say i was right around 0, maybe 1 if teachers as friends count....

4. myra

Are we talking popular as in the people we hung out with (ie the popular kids)? Or popular as in everyone knew your name, not because of gossip but just did?

Because in scenario A, I was about a 1. and in scenario B, I was probably a...6 or a 7.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was at school I would have given myself a 2 for popularity, and now maybe a 5 or 6 but depends on the situation really.

I think people that rate themselves low on popularity should just concentrate on being themselves, because if you pretend to be someone else or try and be something your not you'll never be happy even if you have lots of friends. I spent ages trying to be cooler and wishing I was something im not and wondering how I could change myself, but im coming to the conclusion that rather trying to change myself to please or be like others I should just be myself and find other like minded people, because however alone you feel or however different from everyone else there is someone else out there probably feeling the same way.
    Hmm ok so I didnt mean to waffle on sorry.

6. Greggers

in school out of 10 i would have to go with 0.1/10

I had two friends, the fat girl and the nerdy girl. (BTW i never saw them, still dont, as that. Its just the sterotype, they are nothing at all like it. two AMAZING people) So yea, i was not exactly on the top of any popularity food chain at school. The fact i didnt have guy friends didnt help this either. (it was a Christian school, and i was fully aware i was gay, so i put this on myself as to not be outed. I got called fag alot so i guess it didnt work)

in my "other" life in World of Warcraft however i would give myself a 10 i guess

It was the only place i could be myself (until i found EC and then came out to people) and when i was myself it seemed to pay off. I had and still have a crapload of close friends on WoW ive known for anywhere from 1 to 4 years now

7. davo-man

Hmm, well I had quite a few friends in high school, but was definately not one of the "popular kids". In fact, in Year 8, I was in the "in crowd" and realised that it was crap. I didn't like the people in it and was only hanging around with them cos they were popular. So then I found people who were a lot nicer and liked me, and so yeah. Prob 7 or 8, but it feels strange to put a number to it...

8. Lychee

Well, I'm not in the popular crowd, although I've been invited to their stuff a few times over the years. I always rudely reject though, so they kinda dont like me :\ hahah

But I have lots of friends, and I'd say I'm a 6 maybe...

9. whitefang

A solid 5

10. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Among my close circle of friends, 7/10. I'm one of the most talked-about and well-liked. In the general school population and the rest of the world, 2/10. People show a slight interest in me when they first meet me, then they stay out of my business and I stay out of theirs'.

11. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    well i was very anti social id say untill year 10 1 from year 10 around a 5 since half my class likes me the or half dosnt. ill change that to a six cuz im best basetball player in school.

12. Johnny123

Johnny123 Guest

at school - probably 1. I had one real friend.

at 6th form - about 4-5. I still had this one close friend but I wasnt bullied or excluded and people would talk to me in the corridor and meet up after college and in the evenings and weekends etc. etc. and people did like me!

noe (university) it completely depends on the context. In terms of the Christian side of university, since coming out I've gone from around 6-7 to about 3. In terms of the theatrical/ anglo-catholic side, quite the opposite!

Overall in life, I'd place myself around the middle, just under 5.

13. Courtneyyy

Probably around a 5 or 6 I wasn't popular, but I knew a lot of people.
    Also, I got a 'Senior Most' award. I was most likely to be President. Altho my friends and I rigged the ballots so we all 'won' awards.

14. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i was a 4.
    and not caused i was liked.
    lol i had my " goth friends" and we were one of the biggest groups in school :]
    note- we werent really goths its just here the rednecks seem to think anything one who writes and loves rock music is goth. >_<

15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably used to be about 3. Now I'd give myself 6.5 :slight_smile:

16. RaRa

I'd say i'm around an 8 right now. :slight_smile:

17. kaster

I was quite popular in school (not the neginning years but by midway and the end) the teachers all liked me too so I'd say in school I was about an 8. I have a reaaally big circle of friends, and people who dont like me are generally not the people I'd like to associate with and I dont really like either, out of school I'd say about an 8 or 9 too.
    I'm quite a social person.

as for advice, try and be confident and bubbly, chatty where appropriate. A good listener. Just be nice to people and dont judge right away, clean slates when you meet people for the first time.

18. jazzrawr

Errr...I wouldn't say I'm popular...there really isn't a 'popular' in my school. There isn't the 'popular kids' and the 'unpopular kids'. There's alot of different groups.

So I'd say I'm an 8, on a scale of 10, because I hang out with so many different groups. I know there's people who hate me, but I ignore them and they ignore me.

19. lodiug

Hmmm.....maybe a 6 or 6.5. I don't really know the popular students and I don't really like them either. They'll always show you that they're better than you! But it's not like I don't know anyone. You'll see me hanging out with different people every day.

20. pirateninja

Everyone knows my name, and I'm good friends with loads of different groups of people. I'm not one of the popular ones though, just a person who when people say "So what's Holly like?" the answer is a resounding "Meh, she's a good". I'm liked and known, just not the stand out popular kid. Which suits me fine :grin: