1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst way you rejected someone/got rejected? (to a date)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Spiderstalker, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Spiderstalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    What's the worst way you have rejected someone or got rejected by someone? related to dates, while asking out someone that you liked or receiving an invitation from someone you were not into, also you may include when and where it was

2. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Shotgun to the face.

3. joshvolby

(back when i was in college) was eating in a fastfood restaurant my classmate from other subject approached me and ask me to be with her in a house party but shes not my type so i told her "no im busy this whole week" then she said "it will be the week after this week" so im kinda traped there so i said "ohhh". i just said sorry forgot that ill be busy the whole month.

4. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Confession with my ex-crush.

Playing a game of guess-my-crush. Stupid, but I didn't think she'd find out it was her. (She's also homophobic...) She guessed it was me, didn't even manage to confess properly, and she was like: "Erm, I'm not...les." Told her duh I know, awkward convo follows, and the next day onwards she kept avoiding me.

(Happened for 2 years straight till I wrote her a letter when I graduated. She's...better around me now, thankfully.)

5. Minori

"You are great and all, but your my friend nothing more (;"

When I was rejected

#5 Minori, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Oh I'm sorry but no..."

I wasn't out then. And I think she was a lesbian too now that I come to it.

Then my later relationships I was cheated on then basically ignored/pushed to the side.

Both people came crawling back to me after they realized they fucked up.

7. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sophomore year of college. I was 19 and he was 26. We had a class together and he friended me on Facebook. We talked for a while and then he asked me out on a date. I, with some reservations, said yes and we agreed to meet up for coffee.

A few hours before we were supposed to meet, I texted him that I was sorry but I had to study for a test and wouldn't be able to make it. We never spoke again.

8. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got rejected in a big way. This girl I liked said she'd go see a movie with me, so I go to the movie theater and wait for her at the time we agreed, I buy two tickets, it was for Rob Zombies remake of "Halloween," and I stand outside, waiting.

And waiting.
    And I wait.
    Finally I call her and she says something like "Oh, yeah, sorry I forgot to tell you I can't make it." The theater patrons felt so bad for me that they refunded my money and I walked away, dejected. It sucked.

9. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The worst way I've been rejected... I asked out a young woman at college. She walked away really quickly without saying anything to me. Maybe it hurt so bad because I thought my plan was brilliant. I didn't even get an interesting story out of it!

The worst way I've rejected... just bluntly explaining why I'm not interested.

10. joshvolby

happened to me too back when i was in college, but i didn't get a refund:tears:

11. Spiderstalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for replies, i certainly can be feel identified with the ''waited for her to arrive'' and then phone call confirms otherwise, i guess they just wasted my time then thankfully not money included because it was ''the meet up at the square'' :grin: , to prevent that i guess is good to pay something only when she's already there :roflmao:

got rejected i dont know i guess i forgot to say mine, back in my teen nerdy years i ran across some nasty girls (persona wise) that would just burn themselves on flames when i asked them but also saw them doing that with other guys or friends that stepped on the same landmine, as for me rejecting it was a funky story because both happened with the same girl. A girl i met online and we lived really close so we started hanging out, one day i tried to Kiss her and she ditched said ''i barely know you'' a couple of months after i was walking up the streets and i ran across her she had been calling me but i didnt responded, she literally threw herself at me, being a 6'2 dude here and she quite short almost used my neck as a swing to try to Kiss me, i said no because it will only complicate things and was better not to board the subject again, a few feet away there were some people on the bus stop waiting, they were like ''soup face''

#11 Spiderstalker, Jan 26, 2016
  12. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In high school, said I wouldn't go to the Xmas prom to my friends. Then a girl I know asked: "You won't? Why don't you go with me?" (she was quite happy about it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ). Al lot of people from my class were there. Yet, I thought she wasn't serious and just said: "Nooo sorry, I won't go." She was quite disappointed and said an "aww", I felt bad because I just brushed it off as some joke. =\ I don't think she took it personally though.. At least, I hope..

13. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just walked away. They came up to me and asked me out and I didn't even utter a single word, I just backed away and left as if they were never even there. That was back when I had severe social anxiety, which was the reason behind my impassive retreat—I didn't let them see it, but I was shitting myself on the inside lol. Didn't even look back, so I don't know how they took it. Still, I know how insulting it must have been to the other person that I couldn't even deign myself to decline in words. Now I make sure to make it pretty clear when I'm turning someone down, and likewise appreciate the same directness when someone turns me down.

#13 RawringSnake, Jan 26, 2016
  14. rudysteiner

The worst way I've rejected someone: "I'm gay, sorry."

The worst way I've been rejected: "I'm straight, sorry."

:lol::lol:

15. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I broke up with a boyfriend through email.

16. Gay1234

I dont know was this bad though but at a disco a boy who couldnt have known I was gay asked me do I want to kiss him, he probably knew because I wasnt hanging around with girls. I had to reject him because I was out to no one not even my brother who was with me and it was just inevitable if I said yes everybody would know and which I wasnt prepared for. I feel so bad and regretful as if I said yes I would have gotten my first gay kiss two years ago but I am regretting it because now I still have to get my first gay kiss. He seemed really upset about it too because he was probably trying to get a first gay kiss too this is what makes me feel really upset and bad :frowning2:

17. lovetoomuch

The worst way I rejected someone was probably being dishonest. A gay guy from my college asked me out by sending me a long message and saying he knows I'm probably straight, but he has a crush on me. I was nice about it, but lied and said, "I'm straight, but I'm really flattered..." and some other stuff.
    Now, I was and still am in the closet to everyone at school so it's understandable that I said I'm straight. Honestly though, I'm not really interested in him. Had it been a different guy that I was interested in, I probably would have told him I'm gay. I feel bad saying this now though.

It's going to be very awkward once he finds out I'm gay. I hope he doesn't hate me or ask me out again (which he may honestly do) because then I will not know what to say :confused:

I've only put myself out there twice and I've been rejected both times. 0 for 2, solid. Anyways, I ironically sent a guy a long message telling him my feelings (basically exactly the same way the guy above did to me but I did one year earlier). He turned out to be straight, but he was nice about it. It still made things very awkward and we haven't really talked since.

Imagine my former crush was actually gay and he just wasn't interested in me. :tears: That doesn't seem to be the case, but now thinking about it, it is possible - lol.

18. Mroom

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She told me she's straight

19. John W

I'm not gonna lie- I like turning the 'I have a boyfriend' line back on girls, but I always feel really bad afterwards

20. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got dumped by a girl (who had claimed to me that she had no interest in men) for a man. She said she feels more "turned on and protected" by a man. Didn't see that coming!