1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos - pain levels

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hidden Angel, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Ok so just wondering what do you think is the least painful place to get a tattoo? How painful would a tattoo on you left shoulder blade be if you are reasonably skinny and don't have a lot of fat/muscle over it? Or what if you got one just off the shoulder blade would it hurt less?

2. Janvier

I'm not sure, it depends how sensitive you are, I've got one on my ankle and inner forearm, that one was a little more painful, esp near the insde of the elbow.
    It kinda felt like a long electric shock, not too painful.

I think InaRut has a shoulderblade tattoo.

3. crystaltriforce

all i know about where to get tattoo's is that never get one for you're foot because it can be verry painful.

4. partietraumatic

me and my best friend have an agreement to get tatoos at the end of this school year, since we may not be going to the same univerties and we want a permanent sign of our friendship :slight_smile: but im reallllyy nervous and scared about how much it will hurt :frowning2:

5. Janvier

The pain is a part of it and trust me, it's not THAT bad, it hurts less than when you smash your little toe against the table..
    The least sentitive parts, I think, would be the arms, lower legs and chest.

6. RENThead

it hurts more if you get it on a bone, (ankle, wrist, ect)
    i got mine on my ribs, inbetween my breasts.
    it hurt a little, because the area is sensitive.
    but it was sooo worth it. (even so that im going back for another one soon-ish)

i dunno about anyone else, but i think one on the front of your body is easier (you can look after it yourself. with the cream and stuff. i would be annoyed having to get someone to do it all the time for me... but thats just me.

7. Dazed

Dazed Guest

the one on my arm didnt hurt at all. it was a slight stinging feeling when they were doing the outline. my friends how have gotten alot of them say the worst were their feet or collarbone is. i dont anywhere on the neck would feel too great lol

8. MusicIsLife

Here's how I rank tats, based on the ones i have:

upper arm, just above the inner part of the elbow: it feels like a stinging sunburn.
    upper arm just below the shoulder: It feels like someone digging a pen into your arm
    Side, between the bottom of the ribs and top of the hip: Very painful, it feels like someone is taking an exacto-knife to your skin.

So yeah :slight_smile: