1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tran-wreck?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by amberger, Feb 6, 2009.

1. amberger

So most would consiter me 'emo'. I hate stereotypes though. But i do think i am femme, i like makeup and clothes and stuff girls like, i am a girl by the way. Sometimes i dress...almost trans. But not more masculin. I dress pretty flamboyant, with fishnet, neon colors, poofy skirts, and 'fabulous' makeup occasionally. I feel almost trans when i do that. But i'm a girl!! Would that be like FTF? Or is that normal? I don't get it...help!

2. Janvier

I don't think I understand, you're a female, that likes to dress up as a flamboyant female, what's confusing you?
    Is it because you almost feel like a female drag-queen?

3. Bunny

That makes absolutely no sense. Do you even know what 'trans' means?

You just sound like a girly girl.

4. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Ah. I think I get what you mean.
    I recently played a drag queen named Lana Lust in a play called Drag Queens on Trial (check it out). And it is a weird sensation to be a female playing a man who is dressing in an obviously female way.

I wouldn't go running off to question your gender though. Sometimes it's nice to make fun of gender stereotypes; that's what drag kings and queens do after all. That's what you are doing essentially. Only you are a girl instead of a guy. Whereas, trans people are people who were born with the wrong bits and some of them seek to match their body to their gender. So some trans people can be drag queens, but not all drag queens are trans. Get it?

And guys, chill. It's a legit question.

5. Dazed

Dazed Guest

i wish i could pull off the girly look. i dont have the right eyes or face for tons of make up. and im short so fishnets look very tacky on me

6. Miles D

I understand what you're saying, but I can't really say I've felt the same.
    I mean, whenever I was forced to wear girl's clothes I hated it. Later (since I've transitioned) I realized that what I was going through would be the same as a biological guy's parents making him wear drag. not fun.

So, I don't think that the situation you described sounds like a transperson's struggles, but I'm not really at liberty to say. PM me if you want to talk to a real-life trannie, or find the thread where I answered a bunch of questions if you like :grin: (chit chat > transgender questions?")

7. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I *think* I know what you mean... like, a girl dressed up as a guy dressing up like a girl?? Idk I'd just say you're quite femme...