1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Think of the children!"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sunshine360, Jan 31, 2016.

1. sunshine360

sunshine360 Guest

Do these type of people incredibly irritate you? You know, the people that do not want their kids exposed to anything that is different from their own rigid views? What do you think of these parents?

#1 sunshine360, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016
  2. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When they say that, they're implying that anything non-heterosexual is harmful to them and to society, which is simply false. Being LGBT is different, sure, but it doesn't cause harm to anybody. They're shielding their children and raising them to believe that LGBT people are terrible and that they shouldn't be tolerated in society. Nobody's asking them to BE lgbt; just tolerant.

If anything, kids would be more accepting of themselves (if they happen to be sexually attracted to the same-sex as they grow up) if they don't use that invalid argument. They'd grow up accepting themselves and others for who they are. There's no reason to hide LGBT people from kids. My two cents...

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nooo, not at all. We have to be tolerant of other people's beliefs. Sure, their beliefs are absurd and harmful, but it would be mean if we told them so...

#3 Browncoat, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  4. Natasha Elyssa

Yeah, that does kinda irritate me. I encounter that way too often where I live. People young and old seem to feel that anything that is not their own is wrong, irrelevant, invalid, ignorant, and stupid. It's dumb. Some of the things you hear come out of people's mouths are just like "Ugh....Face-palm!!!" But, yeah, definitely irritating to hear "Think about the children" especially in New York where they really don't care about children. I'v heard parents say that girls are dangerous to their male children, that "we aren't going to allow sluts in here" and stuff at various organizations, people think that gays are dangerous and that gays are confused and deranged straight people that both deserve and need to be ridiculed, harassed, and beaten, I've heard the same about people like me. I've heard just about every kind of ignorant statement imaginable. I, of course, keep my thoughts to myself on their opinions though. Hope that answers your question. :slight_smile: <3

#4 Natasha Elyssa, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  5. sunshine360

sunshine360 Guest

To answer my own question, yes these people do irritate me a lot. I know they have a right to raise their kids however they want but I still don't agree with it.