1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else do this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Secrets5, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Does anybody else not find someone attractive, but tell themselves they find them attractive anyway, and then over time of saying 'X is attractive for Z reason...' they eventually find them actually attractive. It's happened with me for a few celebrities, and I find it really weird. And if anyone's scientific, why, in terms of science, does this happen? Or am I just really weird?

Thank-you.

2. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No but I have found some of my friends much more attractive once I got to know them compared to before knowing them. Also, paradoxically, one close friend is becoming objectively speaking less attractive but my perception of his attractiveness has not changed. I only noticed after I saw some old pictures of him.

3. Funn

Funn Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are just really weird.
    I am kidding though, of course. We all have little quirks like that. That kind of thing just makes you special. I mean, not all of us can simply force ourselves to find someone attractive by saying they are, I think that is kind of impressive actually.

There were a couple of awesome girls in my life that wanted to date me, and I turned them down. I did not only turn them down because I wasn't attracted to them, but if I could have done what you just described, maybe I could have gave them a chance.

I don't do science all that well though. I will leave that to my betters.