1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Best Friend Came Out Today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MaybeBenji, Feb 1, 2016.

1. MaybeBenji

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just really wanted to say how happy I am that he came out to me. It was very casual and it was great. He and I have been friends since second grade and today he told me that he is gay. We were talking and I made a comment along the lines of "so is this how you're coming out to us?" and he looks at me and said "yeah". I wasn't expecting him to tell me then because in my circle of friends we all make jokes about eachother's sexuality. Not in a bad way just the occasional same-sex flirting and saying things like "(male friend) and (other male friend) would make a cute couple".
    Since I tend to over-analyse things I've decided that all those years ago when he had a crush on me (he doesn't know I'm a transguy) somewhere in his brain he thought "Oh, she's quite manly. I like her." Which I know that probably isn't true but after an otherwise crappy day it makes me smile a little. His parents don't know he's gay and nobody knows I'm trans and I kind of needed somewhere to share this little story.
    :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

BTW really hoping he's not on this site because no one irl knows I'm here

2. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Cool. Might as well tell him your deal too, if he was willing to confide in you. Best friend coming out is a dream come true. If he's attractive yall should date.