1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy Crazy Day.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joey, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    So, this morning something happened at my school... a girl found a bullet lodged in the window of her dorm room. There wasn't an apparent gunshot or anything. The entire school/campus was on lockdown for 2 and a half hours. NOBODY WAS INJURED! Which is a blessing in my opinion.
    It was just very unnerving to receive a phonecall from the automated messaging system saying "There has been a crisis and the president of the university urges all student and teachers to stay where they are, the campus has been put on lock down."
    Very spooky.

http://wjz.com/local/Shooting.st.Marys.2.928661.html There is a link.

EDIT: by the by, that's the same dorm building I live in.

#1 Joey, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  2. Lychee

omg, thank god you're okay !

3. fallendream

was the shooter caught? sure your ok?

4. joss22

That is actually really creepy, just lodged in the window, does that mean someone was going to shoot her?

5. biisme

Is there a possibility that it had been there a while and she only just noticed it?

6. singtoh1

Well I'm glad your ok.

7. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    biisme: we were actually joking around about that in my tox lab (where we were holed up for 2 hours). We were thinking of how to pitch it to the windex company as a new advertising campaign... imagine it, a few spritzes of windex and you realize you'd never known your window was shot. BRILLIANT!

joss: All that is known at this juncture is that it was seemingly random and that she wasn't targeted.

UPDATE! Apparently around 10 p.m. there was report of "shots heard" on the east side of campus *I'm located on the north* and it is under police investigation. I've heard rumor that there were approximately 13(?) shots. That number is only a rumor. Right now, I can really just think about my friend who is in an empty on campus apartment with several windows facing the woods because all 3 of her roommates have left. She's from New York and is actually terrified... which is a big deal for her.