1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about the 2003 VMA kiss

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Driftr

[​IMG]

Ok so this has got to be one of the most famous kisses of all time but I was wondering... for anyone here who is lesbian or bi, what do you think of it, or rather, what did you think of it when you first saw it?

Did it turn you on? Did it make you realize that you may be lesbian or bi?

Or perhaps you are or were offended by it, seeing it as a cheap publicity stunt.

I've always wanted to ask a lesbian or bi girl about this but I never really got down to it. Because for us gays, we've had iconic gay couples on TV and movies, but I don't think we've had an iconic kiss to the extent of this one.

So what do you think?

Also, honorable mention to the overshadowed kiss lol

[​IMG]

2. Driftr

Bump bumpity bump.. Wow everyone ignored my question lol. I thought I was on the verge of having a great discussion lol. Sorry I just had to bump. Are the gifs inappropriate or something?

3. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was only 8.. so it's not something I was really interested in.

I do, however, remember being very.. intrigued by the music video to Beautiful by Christina Aguilera when the two men kissed. I don't think I had ever seen anything like that before but it certainly interested me in a way that Madonna and Britney kissing didn't.

#3 imnotreallysure, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  4. Driftr

Yea, I totally get you. I remember feeling really strange, and almost jealous of the gay couple after from the beautiful video. I already kinda knew I was gay but man...that was the first time that I ever saw a gay couple kiss and it being shown that way.

I must say, what a great turnout this thread has had lol.

5. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really care much about it. Anyone can kiss anyone.

6. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't remember it, to be honest (would have been thirteen, but never was hugely into pop culture). Things like this tend to pop up whenever bisexuality (specifically, in regards to attractive actresses) comes up. It does bother me that it's considered "revolutionary", whereas if two men were to do it, well... the results probably wouldn't be as positive.

That said, anyone should be able to kiss anyone without fear, but this does seem more like a publicity stunt than anything else.

7. state-champs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't really remember it because I was in third or fourth grade. I heard about it but I didn't really have a problem with it for some reason. Despite the fact that from a very young age that homosexuality and basically anything other than heterosexuality didn't exist. I just know I didn't see the problem with her kissing both Britney and Christina.