1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snapchatting with straight friends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by armydude, Feb 1, 2016.

1. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So virtually all of my friends are straight dudes. I snapchat with some a lot, but always just funny guy stuff. One dude sends me a facepic in every snap, or sometimes shirtless. I think it is odd and it's making me question if he's gay, because none of my other straigjt friends snap me like this, nor do i with them.

What are your experiences snapchatting with straight friends of your same gender

2. Well, I have a ton of straight guy friends. In my case, they're very open-minded. Some will send me shirtless pics, others would send me REALLY nice selfies (they're photogenic guys).

Maybe he just wants to show off his body? Or maybe he thinks that you guys are close enough to be send snaps to each other like this.

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I don't have much experience with snapchat because it's a terribly stupid app although I wouldn't read into it too much. odds are that's what he was wearing when he got your message and it's as simple as that. I know I wouldnt bother putting on a shirt just to send a few texts..

4. guitar

Some straight guys honestly just have big egos and want to know if they're hot. Your friend could be some shade of lgbtq, but that's really not enough to go on. I have a not-ibterested policy with my straight friends. Don't ask me if you're hot cause I'm not giving you an answer.

5. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can't say I've ever been in the situation you describe. Usually when my straight friends send me snaps it's just dumb/weird shit to crack me up. Never had one of them sending me selfies or anything of the like, let alone in any state of undress lol.

#5 RawringSnake, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  6. lovetoomuch

As guitar said, it could be something where he just wants you to basically tell him he is hot. Or, on the other hand, he could be LGBTQ+. I think you would have to look for other signs before you could tell.

I don't use Snapchat much (at all) and none of the people I Snapchat know I'm gay. However, I can't imagine them sending shirtless pictures either way, whether I'm gay or not. Does he seem to be really confident or is he pretty subdued?

7. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Exactly. Thats how it is with everyone except him

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2016 at 04:18 PM ----------

Not looking for compliments cause he doesnt know im gay. I think he may be suspicious though, just cause he knows me so well. This makes it even weirder. Him and i havent seen each other in a year, yet we still talk every couple days. If he thinks im gay and is straight, it is awfully strange to keep that going.

Still leaning towards not gay though. I figured there was a possibility after he backed out of a wedding with his previous gf, but now he has another and they seem happy for all i know.

#7 armydude, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016