1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell if a guy is gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Iowan1976, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Iowan1976

Hi,

I am just wondering what other people here do to try and figure out someone's sexual preference? I have a crush on a guy and I just keep getting these vibes from him that he might be interested in me. He has been very chatty with me and we have developed a good friendship. I do not want to risk the friendship, but if the friendship could be more...ah, that is the dilemma I am facing. I know he is not seeing anyone; he talks about being single. Any advice on how I can gain insight on how he feels is great.

:slight_smile:

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

You could ask them if they like XY celebrity, and if they say ''no, I love XY'' or something to that effect, then you could ask them out, if you like them.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guys are very visual creatures, if they see something exciting, they get excited.

So here is something that could give you a clue: watch his eyes. Turn towards him every now and then, unexpectedly, and see if you catch him staring at you. What part of you does he look at, etc.?

This is NOT foolproof, you will still need to gather other evidence, maybe by asking him if he's been on dates etc. One of the easiest ways is to ask him with the following words, verbatim: "do you date guys?" Notice this is not a judgment of who he is, just an inquiry into what he does. You can do this discreetly and keep it between the two of you. He may be closeted and still answer no, but it's a gentle way of you coming out to him as well.

Another crucial point: does he know you are gay??

4. Iowan1976

He does stare at me quite a bit. That is what is making me think he is interest at me. He went to a bar with me and a bunch of friends. I went up to sing Karaoke with my friends and caught him staring and smiling at me several times. I also notice this from time to time. I stare and smile back...that does make him a bit nervous.

I am not out, but I am not in the closet anymore..if that makes sense. If someone asks me my preferences, I do not deny it...so I believe he does.

I believe he is very closeted. I do not want to scare him or hurt him in anyway.

5. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Body language. If they're feet point towards you when talking they're engaged. When people see stuff they like or gets their heart beating fast their temples tend to dilate (I learned that on here ) ec as given me some good advice on how to tell.

6. guitar

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao:

8. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well i'm sure i'm way behind the times on this one, as always, but that video was brand new to me... and i thought it was f*cking hilarious.

9. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What have you done?! I opened that and I ended up watching a whole episode and now I want more (despite the fact that I've already watched all of Drawn Together in the past)! D:

Sidenote: Spanish dub for life.

#9 RawringSnake, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  10. Iowan1976

I appreciate all of the feedback..Thanks!

I have a nice friendship going with him right now. I have known him for a few years now. The first year I knew him..he acted very cold to me..he was nervous to be around me. He would avoid eye contact with me or talk to me. Now he is very comfortable around me. Plus, the whole entire time my "Gaydar" has been going crazy when I am around him. (I guess that is best way to describe it...It is like I got this vibe I get from him.)

I am just always cautious around other guys. I am afraid I am going to offend them if I reveal I have a crush on them and they are not gay. I know my "Gaydar" is not always accurate, but it is just a feeling that I have this time.

11. Iowan1976

Okay,

Thank you all for the advice so far.

I am getting mixed messages from him. I am very confused. He is getting very nervous around me. Like at lunch today, he sat right next to me, but then he would not look at me and was eating lunch very fast.

I am not pushing him in any direction. I really do want a friendship and that is a goal I have. I really do want that friendship with me right now.

I do not know if he knows about me being gay or not. I am not out at all, but I am at the point that I don't really hide who I am either...does that make sense. I mean if someone would ask me if I was gay, I would answer truthfully. I am sure the most of the other people I hang around know that I am.

Let me know what you are all thinking. I really do appreciate the feedback.