1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do You Think of Young LGBT Couples?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Foz, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Foz

Foz Guest

We've all seen in recent years the social media stories of young (14-17 year old) LGBT couples, but recently I've been seeing it myself. This kid who live 2 streets from me has a BF and it is the most adorable thing ever! I saw him post a few pics of them last year which set of my gaydar big time. They've gone to their senior Christmas dance together and everything and I just think it's absolutely brilliant (and cute and adorable and just everything!). These sort of things used to be the preserve of my imagination and LGBT movies, but seeing young gay teens able to openly express their love literally makes my heart melt with joy!! (!)(!)(!)

One one hand it does make me sad to the extent that I won't be able to experience this, but the fact that kids from now on can is so heartwarming!

2. Natasha Elyssa

I love seeing LGBT couples! It's a sign of hope to me. Plus, they're so cute. It makes me happy to see people who actually love each other, and to see LGBT people in love makes me even happier. I see mostly lesbian couples, and I see them being really sweet to each other and holding each other. It's great to see it! :slight_smile:

3. Feelunique

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is neat to see. Seeing two people in love is so sweet!

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i love seeing them. JONNOR FOREVER am i right? i really wish though that it could be me though! i get jealous sometimes very easily.

5. Ninetales

Out Status:
    Some people
    As I was leaving work (high school teacher) I noticed two girls holding hands in the parking lot. I thought "good for them." I'm glad to see LGBT couples being confident enough to be visable in public.

6. Iowan1976

I think this is so awesome. It make my heart so happy to think that we have progressed in the world that young LGBT couples can show their true feelings in public. Good for them !!

7. MrSkittles

Yasss, Jonnor is goals af for me

8. Mr Spock

For some reason to me it's easier seeing gay couples than lesbian ones walk around. I don't know why though. o.o

Hope it's not homophobia. :frowning2:

9. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's always really heartwarming and sweet to see, but then again seeing adorably-in-love straight couples is always nice as well. Also unfortunately at my school, I know barely anyone who's out as LGBT let alone in an open relationship, and that make me feel lonely sometimes.

10. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here in the Philippines, F2F relationship are more visible than M2M. And it's because of homophobia. F2F relationships are more "accepted" by the society than M2M.

11. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    PDA's are annoying, straight or gay. Keep it in your pants.

12. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    These two girls in my grade make a pretty good couple. One is a sister of a friend of mine. They are really cute together.

13. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find it adorable! I wish I could have had a boyfriend, when I was 12 or 13...instead, I had a girlfriend, then, but had a crush on her brother.

Not till 18 did I have a boyfriend...and that seemed like such an achingly long time to wait, looking back: If I have any regrets in life, it's that I didn't have sex sooner with a boy my age and a close friendship, when I was younger.

All the other regrets seem to pale in comparison, when I ponder them.

14. guitar

I've talked to a few gay teenagers and most have told me how they're out at school and very much accepted and have a boyfriend (or girlfriend). It simply blows me away. I was in highschool a little more than a decade ago. Will and Grace, and Queer as Folk were things on TV. Yet only 1 person at my highschool was out, and his life was full of torment and bullying (one of my greatest regrets was not befriending him, but hindsight is always 20/20, right?). I know 5-6 gay people from my class at highschool (of about 2000) and none of them dared come out until they graduated. And this was not a particularly homophobic school. The year I graduated gay marriage became legal in Canada.

So to see young couples really warms my heart. And, as I see it, is a MASSIVE step in the right direction for LGBT people because so many of us spend our teen years in the closet and hidden away and afraid to date or get found out. It hinders our growth. Straight teens are getting to have these young dating experiences and often times we miss out because of things like internalized shame, homophobia, fear of coming out, etc. Plus being able to date alongside everyone else in highschool makes us visible. More people get a chance to encounter LGBT people.

15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They are keeping it in their pants? Hand-holding is cute and innocuous, not exhibitionist.

16. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not to mention, you'd get some funny looks, keeping your hands down there in your pants!

17. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's normal, for me, anyway, maybe because I am 17 don't really know a past of hating.

18. Kinky

Kinky Guest

Not a fan of teenage couple tbh. But that because I didn't want to have any kind of relationship when I was younger. Plus, kids tend to be fickle. One day they're all over each other. The next day they won't acknowledge each other exists.

19. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I honestly have mixed feelings. A part of me is genuinely happy that the world has changed so much, and that LGBT teenagers can be out and even date. But there is also sometimes very deep, very dark sadness, because it's an experience I missed out on. And given where my life is now, it seems at times like the only chance I ever had to date or have sex was probably when I was young.

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2016 at 11:24 PM ----------

Ha! Try 45 1/12 years if you want an achingly long time! :tears:

20. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I've been able to take it for granted. I've had two mid-teenage relationships to which I can't really attach much significance, apart from the fact that they happened.

It's hard to reconcile that I find it so personally trivial while knowing it's so symbolically important.

It's almost amusing that once such a fundamental freedom is attained, those who can experience it won't truly cherish it. Or, conversely, those denied a basic triviality are anguished by its loss.