1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who influenced you in your life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iHeartYouu, Feb 2, 2016.

1. iHeartYouu

Share about it! :slight_smile:

2. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Probably my mother?She is extremely accepting of everyone and fights for what she thinks is right so i always try to be a little bit like her.
    Second would be my big brother I always looked up to him all through my childhood..:lol:

#2 Cinis, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
  3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The people who have influenced my life in a positive way have been people outside of my immediate family. You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family. Also, none of these people have been hugely influential. They have influenced me in small amounts, which needs to be added up to see the influence that it has made.

4. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents have definitely influenced my life as a whole. Also, my neighbor whom I worked for during the summer and baby sat me as a kid had a huge impact on my life and work ethic.
    As far as the recent people who have had an impact on my life and my coming out and accepting myself, have been my co-workers and friends that I've made in college. I don't have very many friends here, but the ones that I have are very accepting and supportive. They're just as weird and crazy as I am, so they understand me.
    My girlfriend has also been amazing. She was with me when I decided to come out to my parents and supported and encouraged me the whole way. She's been with me during graduate school and through some very trying times in my career. She's been my rock and hasn't given up on me, even when I become hard to deal with.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    people with high IQs

6. davidfreckelton

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    supertramp and r.e.m.

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tons of people influence me. Some good, some bad, and some people just open my eyes.

8. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone I have ever met or encountered has influenced me in some way or another.

9. Kellian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, my mother use to influence me, things happened now a rarely talk to her. But as of right now my best friend is the best influence on me. Always being who she is and not caring how other people think of her. Plus she has her shit together. XD

10. animatedPi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mostly my family, they help me out a lot and I can't tell them how much I really appreciate them, and yes, there are times when I needed to influence myself. I am not the only one, Connor Franta is another one, and his book lead me to who I am, completely open about myself to others around me, even at my school, which is a huge feat for me.

Also, one of my teachers said that I am a inspiration to her, and that she wishes more people would be able to think like me.

Apparently she was in search of me the whole day, then when I had a off period, she bumped into me and talked to me about my coming out, and now I know I can really trust her, maybe even another influence :slight_smile:

11. armydude

armydude Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My dad, best work ethic of anyone i've ever met. And best character. He is a machine and morally impeccable. Never set a poor example that i can remember

12. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My father, some girls and a guy in middle school, other two or three guys in high school. I guess it was just inevitable.

13. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My aunt. She can be opinionated and I might balked at the idea of having to explain being trans to her but she has always been on my side. She was the one who told me and my brothers that when it comes to dating a person their skin/sex/gender/nationality/sexuality/etc didn't matter so long as there was love and respect in the relationship.
    As well most of my English and History teachers. They believed in me and always said I was a brilliant student just not very motivated.

14. Mr Spock

Watching Star Trek influenced me to stick around a bit longer. :slight_smile: